Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This shirt is great !:) >

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don't care who knows I have guns.... Bring 'em on! The feds already know and anyone else that believes they can take mine is a fool. A few months ago, two idiots came to the house about midnight. The dogs (3) started barking. I met them next to the house with a MOD 12. I don't think they will be back. We have three defenses out here. 1. Only one road in and out. 2. Three dogs. And 3. 4 people here that can shoot well! Bring 'em on! ╦╦Ç
Terry, I will not walk up to your house seeking permission to metal detect, promise. OUrah!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, I will not walk up to your house seeking permission to metal detect, promise. OUrah!
You may safely walk up on the house unless..... you have a firearm in your hands. Protecting my ass is ok. Doing something stupid will only put me in prison. ╦╦Ç

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A Russian 91.30 will punch through 1/2" plate steel at 500 meters.

And it can hit it, too. ;-) Though I consider mine more a firearm to protect my neighbor's house across the road and out a long driveway. Not an indoor type weapon!

u4WwqoN.jpg

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And it can hit it, too. ;-) Though I consider mine more a firearm to protect my neighbor's house across the road and out a long driveway. Not an indoor type weapon!

u4WwqoN.jpg
Nice group, partner, but what's with the "flyer"? Just pulling your leg. ╦╦Ç

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Markmanship is knowing how to shoot.

Hunting is knowing when to shoot. ;-)

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Markmanship is knowing how to shoot.

Hunting is knowing when to shoot. ;-)
Marksmanship...... soon I will post a video shooting three perps (targets) in less than a second. ╦╦Ç

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok I had an intruder in the house yesterday, and yes I had to use lethal force. Took out the Beretta pistol and took aim-one shot it was finished. Off to mouse cemetery it went. Lucky we have the two watch cats on duty looking at it first, but totally useless for catching furry rodents :)
beretta-9mm-92-fs.jpg

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You just need some chickens. We've had a few of those dinosaurs for a few years and no more pack rat or mouse problems. They are the only domestic animal I know of that would happily eat you from the asswards in if you died in their presence and they are also cannibals. They are truly remnants from the dinosaur days and I'm convinced.
Chickens solve rodent problems I can assure you, and with a vengeance.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

We had a wolverine come try to take a dead baby lamb from our wolf dog one night and that was a fight to see. It was easy to break up with a gun shot and it was over and my wolf dog learned a valuable lesson haha.
Chickens on the other hand don't play around.
We actually had one as a pet for a number of years and she had an indoor coop and was an awesome pet but they are dinosaurs and you need to remember that. They will pick your eyeballs out just as easily as they can love you haha.
I love chickens.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Every artist knows when you draw a chicken you are also drawing a T-Rex. Just some of the features are changed to protect the innocent. Lol

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just need some chickens. We've had a few of those dinosaurs for a few years and no more pack rat or mouse problems. They are the only domestic animal I know of that would happily eat you from the asswards in if you died in their presence and they are also cannibals. They are truly remnants from the dinosaur days and I'm convinced.
Chickens solve rodent problems I can assure you, and with a vengeance.

Oh man.......I don't know if I'll eat chicken again.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stopped reading comments when it got political. Anyway, to answer the OP's original question, a shotgun is youre best bet. Cant believe some of the suggestions posted. The issue with home defense, and todays poorly constructed homes is over penetration. Some suggested an AR, a 9mm, really? First off if the intruder is far enough away that you need an AR, let him go, a 9mm round will penetrate 2- 3 walls and may hit an innocent person. A pump shotgun loaded with #7-8 birdshot is ideal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread