What's new

Question?

Joe G from Md

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2017
Messages
618
Reaction score
1,637
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000Di Pro plus/ Whites 5900/ started with Whites 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this .36cal. round ball in camp near Williamsport Md. My question is do you think ball was cast, then when soldier went to cut it off He missed the cut then discarded ball?
 

Attachments

  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    584.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    238.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    121.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    104.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    413.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    101.6 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 0
Just wanted to say It's hard to follow your Ga. button, Dave!!!
 
Is there a bullet mold that does more than one ball at a time? If not, how do you explain the round part of the waste lead? The cut reminds me of a split shot fishing sinker. Not saying that is what this thing is because I don't know!
 
I think I answered my own question. There was probably a funnel shaped part to the mold for pouring.
 
Just wanted to say It's hard to follow your Ga. button, Dave!!!

I don't post my finds that often but when I do , I gotta be thrilled , it get thrilled over each fired Minnie I dig as well tho. ???

To answer your ? 'I'm no TCBG or expert but it looks like a half butted casting job to me , then discarded.???
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom