Questions about KellyCo Underwater MDs

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Questions about KellyCo Underwater MD's

I'd stay away from the Viper and Cobra Kellyco brands. Those that have them aren't happy. Stick with the national brand names.

The Fisher 1280 is a great detector and very easy to use. Built like a tank and ya won't have to mortgage the house to buy it. Make sure you get the 10" coil.

OP
OP
M

mnplumberman

Greenie
Jan 1, 2008

Thanks for the help,
I think I will be sticking with the name brands.
D

thadious

Jul 13, 2006
Hemet, Ca
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Garret Ace 250, At Pro

own a viper trident. trust me stay away from this one. It is heavy hard to use and pinpointing with it is almost impossible especially in the water. I have found coins and a knife with it but not one ring or jewelry of any type. I bought this along with an mpx based on the write ups and reviews from kellyco. I was a newbie at the time. I recommend reading the beach forum and ask the people there what they use. I wish I had I could have saved a lot of money on detectors I bought and gave up trying to use. Sigh live and learn. HH ted

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I could have saved a lot of money on detectors I bought and gave up trying to use. Sigh live and learn. HH ted

Boy, you guys are lucky to have the internet to do research on which detectors and equipement to buy. When I started many years ago Al Gore hadn't invented the Internet yet and there wasn't anyone to learn from. Many of us did it by trial and error. I used to believe the advertisements of "More Depth" ect.

Shenandoah Digger

Nov 22, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tried almost everything made since the late 60's

I think Al stretched the truth a little bit about inventing the internet. But they paid him back good by stealing the election from him in Florida.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread