Questions on Keene KE 201 water pump

musher169

Greenie
Dec 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello april 2015 064.JPG
I am working on a Keene KE 201 water pump. I am posting a bunch of photos to see what you think of the impellers. there are six and two look like they have very little wear. The other 4 are a little dinged up but I think will work fine. What is the proper way to take care of the dinged up impellers. File? I would like to hear what you have to say about condition also.
april 2015 057.JPG
I have never rebuilt a water pump but seems pretty straight forward. I am going to replace main seal. Is there any other good tips that go along with rebuilding a keene ke 201?
april 2015 058.JPG
What do you think of the impellers, How much life do they have left with normal wear and tear?
april 2015 059.JPG
Do you have any good outlets for parts on the keene ke 201 water pump? april 2015 060.JPG
I sure appreciate all the good tips!
april 2015 061.JPG
april 2015 062.JPG
All information on the keene ke 201 is welcome. Thanks!
april 2015 063.JPG

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Well have you run the pump to see how it works BEFORE you worked on it? those worn edges of the impellor "fling" the water out for your highpressure water. as these edges wear from small grains of sand and maybe small junk , they wear down and slowly youll lose pressure. you could always buy a new one if its not putting out enough PSI or you could send it back to Keene to get rebuilt OR you could get a welding shop to TIG weld the vains back to original ($$$$$) and then machine it back to work. if it was mine id run it as is and decide after I see how it performs.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ancient pump,no hose bib and plastic mounting bracket. Them impellers definately got no love in the pickup vein areas. Even worse the intakes look like they were worn down big time. Did you get the spacer (round piece of thin wall pipe) that spaces the impeller properly?? Oldies needed them to space from plastic intake connector on fv end.Smooth out as much as possible the vein damages and see which one is left the most metal. The NEW footvalves with them insipid 1/2" holes let rocks in that chewed that impeller up,they hydrohone holes in the jet(check for hump in jet) as that pump indicates many rocks inside. Lotza luck. John

SierraMadre

Mar 29, 2015
Tex
Detector(s) used
Mine.lab
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It'll sling water. Like russau says, if it works ok then use it. But of course you'll get more pressure and move more water if you replace the impeller

SierraMadre

Mar 29, 2015
Tex
Detector(s) used
Mine.lab
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Change the seals anyway even if you don't change the impeller

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread