Questions on using my GARRETT GTaX-1000

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone with GARRETT GTaX-1000 expertise - I have a Garrett GTaX-1000...how do I read for gold items on the readout.... there is no way to adjust sensitivity or make any adjustment settings.....all i seem to find is coins and pull tabs..i know rings show up on pull tabs though.

rockyredbaron

J

jlar

Not an expert with it but I have one too that I have used for a bunch of years (GTA1000 the same as the GTAx1000 ???). I can't say that I have found much for gold with it though (I don't hunt beaches much) ... mostly coins and artifacts. Found a gold plated pocket watch that read on the upper end of the scale (in the coin area) but things like my wedding ring registers as pull tabs. I think a lot of the smaller gold items will read into the pulltab and possibly even the bottlecap section.

depending on where I am, I usually just turn off the first couple under the foil section and leave the rest on ... and crank the overall power output up as high as it is stable (around 10 usually I think)

If you are a ring hunter/etc, I think the general consensus is that you have to dig pull tabs ..... (again, I am no expert in that area ... just throwing out what I have read)

mgdigger

Jan 31, 2004
Los Osos, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 and ACE 250
Have use the GTA 1000 for years. have found gold rings and more. just keep digging they are few and far between

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions