What's new

Quick 1hr hunt-Civil War

huntnva

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2015
Messages
58
Reaction score
227
Golden Thread
1
Location
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hunted my permission in Yorktown,Va today. This one area of the yard keeps producing! Have found several bullets,buttons,lead....today my first J hook :) Also a percussion cap, melted lead, rivet, and a coin yet to be identified(my luck, a penny)

I'll post a pic later after cleaning.
...Happy Hunting!
 

Attachments

  • 1472658974704.webp
    1472658974704.webp
    70.7 KB · Views: 161
Upvote 20
Not a bad haul.
 
Nice hunt! Is that a Prussian bullet? I just found my second J-hook last week. Congrats on a CW first. [emoji106]

HH RN
 
Wow! Oldest coin yet! Looks to be an 1850's flying Eagle one cent piece.
I've only lightly brushed it... recommendations for further,safe,cleaning?
 

Attachments

  • 1472662915982.webp
    1472662915982.webp
    87.8 KB · Views: 167
Thanks, RN
I believe it's a dropped 3 ringer, still get a jolt finding them.
 
Looks like an 1858. Going back this week, hoping for more!
 

Attachments

  • 1473163517581.webp
    1473163517581.webp
    93.1 KB · Views: 115
NICE FINDS .
 
Nice flying eagle. Crazy in the 22 years I've detected and found thousands of civil war relics I've never found a J Hook but as goofy as it sounds I want to find one bad just to say I have.
 
Thanks! First for me, was stoked.... can't wait to get back out there. Hope you get one soon!
 
Love the flyng eagle cent and wish I could find my first.I am not a relic hunter so would you be so kind as to explain to a dummy what a j hook is just in case I find one by blind luck.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
 
Looks like some nice relics.
 
That yard would make me very happy. Congrats on the J hook and Flying Eagle Penny. Sweet
 
ecmo, They were used on their knapsacks, mostly on the leather straps as a means to hold straps together....at least this is my understanding. Have a great day!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom