Quick and Easy Donuts

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
These work even with the cheapest brand of bisquits .

Place two cups of cooking oil in a pot and heat till hot! Not sizzling or popping.
Open a package of Pillsbury or any other brand bisquits. Separate the bisquits and then take a cap off something like a vanilla jar (something small) ..Cut a hole in each bisquit.
Drop the dough rings into the hot pot ,turning gently when one side is done and they are floating. Remove when golden and immediately roll in sugar or cinnamon and sugar. Then drop the 'holes' into the hot pot and repeat process.

Quick easy donuts for breakfast!

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
My kids love them because they are easy ,cheap and quick...My mom used to make them for us too!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gypsy, honey, It's a wonder that you don't weigh 300 pounds. :o

Donuts?? Lard?? Bacon grease?? Holy smokes you must have some kind of metabolism!! :P

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Mona Lisa said:
Gypsy, honey, It's a wonder that you don't weigh 300 pounds. :o

Donuts?? Lard?? Bacon grease?? Holy smokes you must have some kind of metabolism!! :P
I love to cook...great big fattening meals....but I think with all the hunting,walking up and down hills dragging rusty iron and digging holes it wears it off! But I could cook for a logging camp!

M

MiniMe

My Nanny used to make what she called Hot Puffs, she made hers from scratch but we do it using frozen bread dough and fry them in oil. A little powdered sugar on top UMMMMM :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread