peavey5000

Greenie
Dec 7, 2011
Bradford,PA
Detector(s) used
AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these 2 camera lenses for $2.99 each and flipped em on ebay for $75.00....I love goodwill stores.......:laughing7: DSC04751.JPG

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! They look like nice lenses -- any brand in particular?

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice score, peavey! Camera lenses are tricky because the old 35mm film format has been largely replaced by digital cameras and many manufacturers use a different mount for their digitals than their old 35mm cameras. Nikon uses the same mount but their are still possible issues with autofocus connections and such. I often see cheap cameras and lenses and GW and yard sales but I tend to shy away from them because of the compatibility issues. Interestingly, I did buy a late model Nikon 35mm SLR with a 70-300 zoom lens at a yard sale for $15. I listed the body and lens separately on ebay and the body sold right away for $20. I listed the lens for $50 and it has not sold yet. I thought the lens would sell right away. Glad this worked out so well for you.

OP
OP
P

peavey5000

Greenie
Dec 7, 2011
Bradford,PA
Detector(s) used
AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you already made your money back off the camera, then put the lens on for 9.99 + shipping and whatever it brings just let it go, this way your money isnt tied up and you can move on to the next piece....and stay away from the rounded off numbers....example 50.00 = 49.99 30.00 = 28.99 stuff like that.....or add 10.00 to your price and offer free shipping...cause ebay charges you on your shipping fees now too....

OP
OP
P

peavey5000

Greenie
Dec 7, 2011
Bradford,PA
Detector(s) used
AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
by my rule if they japan on them they catch my interest.....I have a smart phone so I look them up before I buy so I already have an idea what I will make on them, or if it is even worth bothering with......but even if you dont have a smart phone.....when you buy at Goodwill you have 10 days to return your item.....so buy list for 5-7 days if it doesnt sell, return it...

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice score, peavey! Camera lenses are tricky because the old 35mm film format has been largely replaced by digital cameras and many manufacturers use a different mount for their digitals than their old 35mm cameras. Nikon uses the same mount but their are still possible issues with autofocus connections and such. I often see cheap cameras and lenses and GW and yard sales but I tend to shy away from them because of the compatibility issues. Interestingly, I did buy a late model Nikon 35mm SLR with a 70-300 zoom lens at a yard sale for $15. I listed the body and lens separately on ebay and the body sold right away for $20. I listed the lens for $50 and it has not sold yet. I thought the lens would sell right away. Glad this worked out so well for you.

You can buy adapters to mount old lenses on new cameras. There are people who earn their living by buying up old lenses, taking off the old mounting, and putting new mountings on. The quality of old lenses is hard to beat, and with a few quick adjustments, you can mount them on your high quality digital camera.

Ursus

Apr 3, 2009
Ohio
If you already made your money back off the camera, then put the lens on for 9.99 + shipping and whatever it brings just let it go, this way your money isnt tied up and you can move on to the next piece....and stay away from the rounded off numbers....example 50.00 = 49.99 30.00 = 28.99 stuff like that.....or add 10.00 to your price and offer free shipping...cause ebay charges you on your shipping fees now too....

I have been doing more of the BIN with free shipping, and add the approximate shipping in the cost. It seems to be doing well for me this way, especially with the Top Rated status & Fast & Free label that gets put on my listings. Living in OH I usually make a little extra on the shipping cost on anything East of the Rockies. Shipping to CA and I might take a slight hit, but I make money all the way around. It's all good.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
peavey5000:

I would not return a item I purchased at a non profit store because I couldn't make money selling it elsewhere.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread