Quick Hunt...100 Year Old Silver

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once upon a time this would have really made my day...I wish it could be like that again. Still, it's silver and could have easily been 300 years old based in the area I was hunting.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415570262.816691.jpg

Upvote 10

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get me wrong everyone...I was pleased to whine out with this...but when you're on an OLD site and you get an unmistakably silver signal and flip the plug and see dirty silver it's a little disappointing when it's not old Spanish or French. Especially since I've found 1600s silver on this site prior...about the same size as a dime!

As dug...
Good find bud. As I was walking out today I was thinking about this very thing. That tree coin was at the tippy top of my list. Then it hit me. There's GW buttons and there's so many great military buttons out there. A gold coin. Who knows what but theres so many incredible finds sitting in the ground waiting for us. I remember going to the site that I found a Mass cent at. I got a beautiful big silver coin hit. I was damn excited. Out comes a 1949 Washington quarter. I was bummed for a minute then reality hit me. I'm outside on a day off doing what I love and I just found a big silver coin. That's an awesome day in my book. So I totally understand how you feel. But I bet this was a fun day and you didn't get skunked. And you're one hole closer to the next great find

My last two hunts with Ironhorse were pathetic, even though we put a massive effort into both days.... hours researching, hours driving, and hours walking fields for a great old site. ... But it doesn't bother me because it's just the process to be successful, as you have found out.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope someday to say I have a big pile, lol!

I don't think I have enough keepers to even make a small pile. Well maybe if you count a small base and only a couple piled on top then I have a small pile.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread