What's new

Quick hunt this afternoon

KyDigNQueen

Sr. Member
Joined
May 30, 2016
Messages
353
Reaction score
884
Golden Thread
0
Location
KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I decided to take advantage of the cloudy afternoon and check out one of our fields that used to have a late 1800s homestead. I found 2 glass marbles, one clay marble, one round ball, part of a pipe stem, and a broken Indian artifact. This is the first pipe stem I've ever found even though it's broken. It seems pretty ornate. Thanks for reading and HH!
20160803_140937.webp20160803_214731.webp20160803_214721.webp20160803_214700.webp20160803_214630.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 22
Great finds. Thanks for sharing.
 
Those are really neat! So, is your field not planted? Our fields in TN are all planted now, I'm having to wait. So I'm MD the pastures, and they sure were hot today. We were lucky to be able to get out in the heat and still have fun. Glad to know somebody is taking care of the lost stuff in KY. Ima
 
Nice bunch of marbles - clay pipe stem part and broken Indian artifact - anyway thank you for sharing your post and I wish you many more finds.

Texas ED
 
Those are really neat! So, is your field not planted? Our fields in TN are all planted now, I'm having to wait. So I'm MD the pastures, and they sure were hot today. We were lucky to be able to get out in the heat and still have fun. Glad to know somebody is taking care of the lost stuff in KY. Ima
No this field we decided not to plant this year. The grass is sure trying to take over with all of the rain we've had, though! My husband plowed it recently. Any time after we have a good rain I go back out there. The dirt settles and more relics are exposed on the surface. It rained HARD last night so hoping I can find something else today. This is just my backup place to go when I don't have a lot of time. It's not too far from home. So you are in KY, too or just TN?
 
Hopefully you can stumble upon a beautiful arrowhead. Thanks for sharing. Marbles are always fun to collect.
 
Whoa...that's an amazing collection of artifacts you've found! Especially by sight...like Scuba sez...there should be LOADS of arrow heads there, not to mention more Native American goods...Good luck! Looking forward to future posts KDQ...ddf
 
Great surface finds, congratulations. No one plows the rocky soil here in the Ozark plateau, so any surface finds are rare and treasured! Best of luck on your next walk. Sub 8-)
 
I'm in TN, but close to KY. Boy there must be some really good stuff in your ground. Here we find arrowheads, but not the other cool indian stuff. I am anxious to hit some sites on our place when the bushes and weeds die down a little. The woods here have had enough rain to still be like a jungle. I'm going to some of the wooded places just to get out of the sun. Have fun but keep drinking. Ima
 
Good luck in next hunt
 
Those marbles are beauties, love to find them, I only wish they would ring on my detector like metal does. :thumbsup:
 
Great finds! Nice surface hunting!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom