Quicksilver Messenger Service

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember them. They had a few good songs.

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
I saw them back in the day , they were great performers and really good guys . The Fillmore and the Avalon and Golden Gate park were the place to go back then . As the scene went on though the heavy drugs came in and wrecked everything . My favorites were Quicksilver , Big Brother and the Holding Company and the Sons of Champlin . I saw some crazy stuff and met some interesting people back then .I was really surprised to see this thread ! Lot's of memories are coming back .

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny, I was just listening to this song last week.....

Great band!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They never went mainstream, but many folks had them pegged as the best of the early San Francisco psychedelic jam bands, and that list included the Airplane, the Dead and others.

Awesome Song, I forgot about. Been a Long Long Time !

Thanks for Posting It :coffee2:

have another hit :thumbsup:

OP
OP
sdcfia

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw them back in the day , they were great performers and really good guys . The Fillmore and the Avalon and Golden Gate park were the place to go back then . As the scene went on though the heavy drugs came in and wrecked everything . My favorites were Quicksilver , Big Brother and the Holding Company and the Sons of Champlin . I saw some crazy stuff and met some interesting people back then .I was really surprised to see this thread ! Lot's of memories are coming back .

My searching/exploring buddy here in NM was the drummer for The Flying Circus, another Bay Area band from the 60s. I hadn't heard of the Sons of Champlin, who you mentioned, so I asked him if he'd known of the band. "Are you kidding?", he said, "I went to high school with most of them! We played many gigs with them and all the other bands." This got him started on all the San Francisco bands of the mid-60s and the fun they all had. The thought then occurred to me that I hope today's younger generations are having good times like our generation did in the 60s and early 70s.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions