What's new

Quite an odd thing

relichunters

Bronze Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
1,647
Reaction score
36
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Any ideas on what this might be? Was found at an old home site.
 

Attachments

  • odd1.webp
    odd1.webp
    80 KB · Views: 474
  • odd2.webp
    odd2.webp
    68.4 KB · Views: 465
:hello:

It's the drainer from a sink :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0
How big is it?
I've seen decorative fan motor covers from like the 20's-30's that look very similar...

Scott
 

Attachments

  • HB_WE_back.webp
    HB_WE_back.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 451
Upvote 0
AU24K said:
How big is it?
I've seen decorative fan motor covers from like the 20's-30's that look very similar...

Scott
You could be right :P looking at the edges, they are cut out (shaped) sink drainers are usually just round, so maybe not trash after all :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Its an old floor drain.You can see it has a trap built in,and a place for the round cover to sit.Yup,its junk
 
Upvote 0
Montauk said:
I'm pretty sure its from a Victorian Cast Iron Wall Lamp or Plant Bracket. See link.

http://www.rubylane.com/shops/prairieland/item/4602
I think Montauk nailed it! :icon_thumright: Thats one of the better IDs Ive seen. :notworthy: :hello2:

I think its way too decorative around the edges for a floor or sink drain but maybe you can use it as one. . Green check.
 

Attachments

  • wall lamp.webp
    wall lamp.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 402
Upvote 0
Great ID Montauk :hello2:

Green check :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom