Quitting my Job after working there two years! Really excited!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Hello everyone! I havn't been metal detecting much lately, but besides that I am going to put my two weeks in for my job tommorow! I am really excited because I hate the job I am at now. Even though I make $9.50 an hour and getting ok hours, it is not enough to keep me there another year. I have been harrassed in the workplace for 2 years now and finally got sick of it. Many people do not know that guys also get harrassed! I am really nice to the people who I work with, but this one guy who is 6'2, fat, and has blonde hair kept on bugging me and calling me names and not doing any of the work that he was required to do. All he would do was pester me until no tommorow and call me "shorty, dumb, or other names".

This certain person would also make me do all the straightening for the New Release Wall and the Catagory's. No one ever liked dealing with the Catagory's, so he always made me do them and never asked for my opinion on whether I would like him to help me with half of them or not. He was also the guy who just sat and watched TV while I helped customers, did returns and other antics. I am also leaving my job because of another girl who got hired who is also 6'0 and let me tell you she is worse! She inturpts me when I am dealing with customers, and she is blaming me for stuff that I do not do! When I return movies she thinks that I don't put them back in their rightful place when I do and she doesn't.

I am sorry, I had to vent for a little bit. I'm quitting hollywood video after working their two years and I am so discusted that I am being treated this way. Well anyways! Leave comments about my situation! I have worked with 3 managers over the years and have talked to two of them about this situation and they told the employees and this just made it worse. So bye bye hollywood video! :)

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Life is too short to have to put up with that kind of abuse.
Keep looking and sooner or later you will find something that will make you look forward to going in to work.

Not sure if they have them in your area, but see if you can find a career with Redbox, you may get a route and be your own boss for the most part. www.redbox.com

http://www.simplyhired.com/a/jobs/list/c-redbox+automated+retail

Good luck,

GG~

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
as long as you reach for a better place for you--that's all that matters!!!!!

Let heads roll, eyelashes flutter and hearts pound...just remember to breathe :icon_sunny:

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
I have had jobs like that one. People sitting around bossing you to death. And the pay was not right for doing your share of the work AND theirs.

That's exactly while I became self employed before I retired. I named my hours and pay check according to my lifestyle not my co-workers.

S

stefen

You have several courses of action as follows:

Legal action...
Bust the bastard in the chops...
Walk out the door and give everybody the bird...

Or walk away with your head up and remember that you will need the job as a reference in the future. Thank the manager and leave with a smile. Don't burn that bridge.

Oh, by the way, good luck and work hard

OP
OP
Detectingfreak

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
stefen said:
You have several courses of action as follows:

Legal action...
Bust the --deleted-- in the chops...
Walk out the door and give everybody the bird...

Or walk away with your head up and remember that you will need the job as a reference in the future. Thank the manager and leave with a smile. Don't burn that bridge.

Oh, by the way, good luck and work hard

Considering I need this job as a reference for the future I am just going to have my head up and thank the manager and leave with a smile.

drgest

Apr 6, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum II, Fisher 1280x
Hey DT,

Just an idea to consider. If you like retail, try to find a store (not a chain) that is owned by a single proprietor. You sound like the type of employee they would want. If you do well, you'll know you're appreciated and you will find it much more rewarding and you're much less likely to have to worry about the monkey business like in your other job. Good luck to you!

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Retail is a bad area to be in if you want to make decent money. I did truckdriving for a while, got tired of that, and started in customer service on the phone. It sucks at first, but after you get experience you can usualy move into something like medical, banking or insurance, each of which are much better than retail . . . I work for Bank Of America now in their insurance division.

OP
OP
Detectingfreak

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Skywola said:
Retail is a bad area to be in if you want to make decent money. I did truckdriving for a while, got tired of that, and started in customer service on the phone. It sucks at first, but after you get experience you can usualy move into something like medical, banking or insurance, each of which are much better than retail . . . I work for Bank Of America now in their insurance division.

Skywola, You are so right on! I am not planning on doing anything that concerns with retail anymore! Bad wages and plus raises are really hard to get. I am currently working on an AA for Techincal Support. Most jobs in my area start out at 35k-40k a year then you move on up from there. In the meantime, I am going to be working for my Community college as a Microsoft Applications tutor, which in turn gives me a year of experience for my future Techincal Support job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread