Rabbit Island

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
this one is the most common for my area....this point type transitioned from atlatl to bow supposedly but I am only familiar with these small slender ones. I found this one where I find most of my points...in full view of a dozen houses on private land that we all walk and share. You can tell by the patina it has been there awhile. Along with it is a nice prosser button, these were a very common trade item with Hudson's Bay Co, used for adornment.

Attachments

• DSC01340.JPG
    DSC01340.JPG
    378.4 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0
Nice Find! It is something when you can find artifact right there where we live and walk.

you're in Montana right?...hard to find a better stomping ground than that...all Montana needs is a coastline!...near perfect state.

you're in Montana right?...hard to find a better stomping ground than that...all Montana needs is a coastline!...near perfect state.

It's a pretty large state, and you pretty much have to find the ideal spot to find any artifacts. If they haven't already been picked clean of the good ones. Most if not all rivers and streams have river rock bottoms, but if you find river rock away from the waterways it has been moved there and used as fire rock (In cooking) or fashioned into tools such as mano's, hammer stones, etc..

That's a nice small one, was it laying flat?

yep, I was looking for agates and this one was in a small puddle clear as day...everyone else had quit and gone back to the house.

It's a pretty large state, and you pretty much have to find the ideal spot to find any artifacts. If they haven't already been picked clean of the good ones. Most if not all rivers and streams have river rock bottoms, but if you find river rock away from the waterways it has been moved there and used as fire rock (In cooking) or fashioned into tools such as mano's, hammer stones, etc..

i was married for 15 years to a Blackfeet tribal member...used to go back to Browning three times a year at least. ...Boy do I have stories....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back