Racetrack, Mont.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Anyone tried to venture to Racetrack, Mont? On my orig. 1906 Mont. map, Racetrack is shown directly E of Hwy 10 S just 3 miles N of Galen at the Powell Co line...just in Powell Co., and 2 miles S of Dempsey. On my 1930 State Hwy map, Racetrack is shown at the Powell & Deer Lodge county line. Hwy 10 S was replaced by I-90 and Racetrack should be E of the off ramp to Dempsey today. Now on the west frontage road, there is a T intersection (frontage rd goes N & S with a bisecting rd going W). At that intersection is a house and a lg frame garage. Above the door, 'Racetrack Fire Dept' and inside the garage is an old firetruck. ???? To my estimate, the original Racetrack was E, just across Hwy I-90.

Also, if any of you detectorers or detectorists (female) wish to detect in or around Anaconda, let me know and I'll drive the 1030 miles from Minnesota to meet you in Anaconda anytime in the summer. I know of a few good places IN and around Anaconda. I've hit the ghost town 'Granite' (funny, I come from "The Granite City"---St Cloud, Minn) near Philipsburg and the now gone "Southern Cross" near Georgetown Lk. Nothing exciting was found at Southern Cross....in blowing snow, and at Granite City nothing exciting was found, but I now have ideas about that place. Happy hunting to all of you.....my season has ended for now (+10 F.....14" snow on the ground) Goose-O/Cy-Minn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread