H How Lucky Full Member Joined Jul 14, 2015 Messages 244 Reaction score 907 Golden Thread 0 Location Maine Detector(s) used Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 2, 2020 #1 Anyone ever seen a cover like this before? Like to know what it went to. Looks like, Patented Nov. 1867 or possibly 1887. Made of cast iron. Thanks. Attachments Railroad Item pic1.webp 637.6 KB · Views: 157 Railroad Item pic2.webp 498.4 KB · Views: 152 Railroad Item pic3.webp 74.3 KB · Views: 100
Anyone ever seen a cover like this before? Like to know what it went to. Looks like, Patented Nov. 1867 or possibly 1887. Made of cast iron. Thanks.
Tony in SC Gold Member Joined Jun 8, 2006 Messages 6,428 Reaction score 9,296 Golden Thread 0 Location Upstate South Carolina Detector(s) used Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jul 2, 2020 #2 Axel/wheel bearing box cap? Upvote 0
H How Lucky Full Member Joined Jul 14, 2015 Messages 244 Reaction score 907 Golden Thread 0 Location Maine Detector(s) used Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 2, 2020 Thread Owner #3 Thank you ! I did some looking around and found one similar. https://www.antiquesnavigator.com/d...ain-journal-box-cover-convex-circle-rail.html Upvote 0
Thank you ! I did some looking around and found one similar. https://www.antiquesnavigator.com/d...ain-journal-box-cover-convex-circle-rail.html
Tony in SC Gold Member Joined Jun 8, 2006 Messages 6,428 Reaction score 9,296 Golden Thread 0 Location Upstate South Carolina Detector(s) used Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Jul 3, 2020 #4 Good job!! How Lucky said: Thank you ! I did some looking around and found one similar. https://www.antiquesnavigator.com/d...ain-journal-box-cover-convex-circle-rail.html Click to expand... Upvote 0
Good job!! How Lucky said: Thank you ! I did some looking around and found one similar. https://www.antiquesnavigator.com/d...ain-journal-box-cover-convex-circle-rail.html Click to expand...
devldog Silver Member Joined Mar 9, 2012 Messages 3,676 Reaction score 6,393 Golden Thread 0 Location Georgia Detector(s) used Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Jul 3, 2020 #5 Great looking find. It looks to be 1867 to me with my glasses on. Well Done with the I'D help also. Upvote 0
ANTIQUARIAN Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Apr 24, 2010 Messages 13,018 Reaction score 28,162 Golden Thread 1 Location Upper Canada 🇨🇦 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot' Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Jul 4, 2020 #6 Very nice find, I would have never thought that was 'railroad related'. It's even nicer now that you have an I.D. for it. Dave Upvote 0
Very nice find, I would have never thought that was 'railroad related'. It's even nicer now that you have an I.D. for it. Dave