rainbow, pot of gold and the perfect storm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we found nothing, :dontknow: but , a 23 foot sail boat + :o 60 mile per winds. = :help:
the rainbow tells it all :o, pictures to follow. prelude to the perfect storm,
lets just say, the bay the freemasons lighthouse is in can get nasty, sure it was windy but just in front of us was a wall of white water, a 50 mile wind was funneled to create water spouts and realy realy realy strong winds, the 50 mile per hour wind on our sturn came from no where, this was no place to be going down wind, we cut the boat we where towing lose as we turned up wind then spent the next 40 minutes with the bow in the wind. waves smashing over the boat.
with in minutes , the boat in tow, the out baord moter , generator, 30 gallons of gas was gone. to save this boat would have ment the coast guard was going to use 5 more bags, luckly what we where left with, was 5 lives and i know, someone pissed there pants.
i think we will go back when its calmer, i cant wait to get the pictures of the rain bow .
:coffee2:

Upvote 0

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
yep!! ive been in some nasty line squals sailing. it starts with those nasty clouds that look like black wasps. then its HOLD ON! willy

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whew . . sounds like a close call and miserable day. Glad you were all safe. Hope your next trip is much better :icon_thumleft:

HH, Mark :icon_pirat:

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Glad you all made it back safe. I guess that is why I"m a land lover. I probably would of done more then just piss my pants. :laughing9: I like pictures and nick nacks of all the sail boats and ships. I works on barges for few months, that was enough for me. ::) I'm not sure I could handle the open seas.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:
KW

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.......love your story.....glad u saw the rainbow

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
I cant think of too many things as frightening as high wind, big water and being a long ways from shore. Guys that work on fishing boats and such for a living got to have a big pair, to work under conditions like that!!

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi hmmmmy Interesting story Your last post was "treasure island" This one called "robinson crusoe"

tinpan ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah said:
Toby1858 said:
I cant think of too many things as frightening as high wind, big water and being a long ways from shore. Guys that work on fishing boats and such for a living got to have a big pair, to work under conditions like that!!

That is but one way of accomplishing/enduring the feat. Make sure to get a chair up front. I hear rustling behind the curtains.

By the by; were you the one driving the boat, hmmm?
many eyes see many things. ::)

I was behind the wheel, but my command " cut the tow line" fell on ignorant ears, as i was already turning . i had to go behind the curtain to cut her loose, this is when i grabbed the throttle and steered from the stern, while trying to get the piece of shi, i mean, the little ind. i mean other guy to keep the tiller heading in the wind. so yes , i was driving.
the coast guard told me i can add another 10 mph because of the bay we where in. a good place for the pirates of the pacific to hide there mannilla treasure. :notworthy:
:laughing9: every one is talking about the rainbow. :laughing9:

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
plehbah said:
N.J.THer said:
plehbah said:
I will pay someone to bump it every day.

How much?

That was a typo. I meant to say that "jeff_of_pa" will pay someone to bump this thread every day.

I am sure it is in the millions.

Let me know if Jeff does not take the job....I'll do it for half the price and write the adventure novel for you.

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2: I cant wait for the pictures as well, the guy with me took some with the cell phone.
the guys in town could see it and took a good picture as well, it will be worth the wait. :laughing7:
adventure novel , my life is a adventure novel , actuly, i almost had a book written last year, a girl moved here to wright the book , but then she left. :hello: its a long story. :dontknow:
:o the wind on the water looked like this picture. :o
but the waves where way bigger. :help:
:thumbsup: oh ya ,hear is my boat, a friend did it in pastel. :headbang:

Attachments

• wind.jpg
    wind.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 2,733
  • myboat.JPG
    myboat.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 2,701

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread