What's new

Rainy Saturday

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to do a quick hunt at the cow field this afternoon after work but it rained on and off all day. I instead went to share some finds with a older gentleman that has picked a few up in his younger days. He said it was all rite if I took some pics of his favorite pieces. Thought Id share some with my internet friends. Hope yall like these, all local finds from my area. rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC10609.webp
    SDC10609.webp
    344.2 KB · Views: 120
  • SDC10610.webp
    SDC10610.webp
    384 KB · Views: 111
  • SDC10612.webp
    SDC10612.webp
    310.3 KB · Views: 101
  • SDC10613.webp
    SDC10613.webp
    230.4 KB · Views: 122
  • SDC10616.webp
    SDC10616.webp
    289.1 KB · Views: 124
  • SDC10617.webp
    SDC10617.webp
    263.5 KB · Views: 99
  • SDC10620.webp
    SDC10620.webp
    347.3 KB · Views: 113
  • SDC10623.webp
    SDC10623.webp
    336.6 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 0
Great looking pieces. I really like the two Serrated types. Very nice.
 
He has some very nice pieces. I enjoyed looking at them.
 
Pretty nice looking stuff, thanks for sharing.
 
Tell him those are nice finds:thumbsup:Thanks for posting.
 
Enjoyed your collection Thanks for sharing. Couldn't help but think about the original Indians (?) who made and used them. You can almost see a progression of technical improvements through the ages. I wonder what the time span is between the oldest and most recent arrow heads. Some of them look like spearheads.
 
Looks like he has some really nice pieces. What is that 6th one (the white one with the groove)?

Thanks for sharing,
Eric
 
Looks like he has some really nice pieces. What is that 6th one (the white one with the groove)?

Thanks for sharing,
Eric

its a plummet. Looks white but it is hard stone camera flash made it look white.
1st is a small Hoe
2nd are large cores made into choppers (hand tools) really nice ones.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom