What's new

Ramrod Guide? Age?

It is at least 18th c. Handmade.
 
Upvote 0
I see one in the fourth pic.Cru. And I'd say off of a pistol.Give me a sec. more and I'll narrow down a date as best I can. :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • 4127[1].webp
    4127[1].webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 627
Upvote 0
I want to say 18th as well but theres some early percussion guns with a look very simular. :icon_scratch:
The one above A 14 bore flintlock officer's pistol by Jn. Jones & Co. The barrel is octagonal to round with Tower proof marks. It has a steel trigger guard and all the metal is to a grey patina. There are some knocks to the wood and there is a small sliver missing to the wood to the lefthand side of the barrel. Overall length 14in. barrel length 9in.


This one A 32-bore double barrelled percussion officer's pistol, 5inch sighted Damascus barrels, border and scroll engraved back action locks signed B. WOODWARD & SON, full stocked with chequered grip, white metal and steel mounts, swivel ramrod.

Take Care,
Pete :hello:

Neat site I use often for your guns over there.
http://www.oldguns.co.uk/4.html
 

Attachments

  • 2807[1].webp
    2807[1].webp
    140.6 KB · Views: 1,388
Upvote 0
I went back to try and see a size to your other finds to compare it could be a rifle size as well.
But I would guess some were around Rev. War era.
I could tell ya like IP,told me on my what is it.And say lets just call it a ramrod guide and be done with it. :D :laughing7: :wink:

A brass barrelled flintlock blunderbuss by INMAN circa 1770 with hand rail stock and Tower proof marks. It is in good overall condition, with light pitting to frizzen and lock. Well made replacement ramrod. There is a crack to end of fore end on the right hand side which has been repaired, but the wood has not been cleaned and is in good, untouched condition. A good honest blunderbuss.
 

Attachments

  • 4032[1].webp
    4032[1].webp
    15.8 KB · Views: 307
Upvote 0
I was hoping mid-17th C, during our Civil War :-\
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
I was hoping mid-17th C, during our Civil War :-\
Cru, it very well could be.Here's a replica of one with the ramrod guide and rings around it close to yours.Hard to say 100% sure for me anyway.Your other finds with it might help you with it.I think I would not argue if it was debated. ;D :wink:
Take Care Buddy,
Wish I could of helped you more :( Not often someone gets to help you with a find. :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • replica-weapons-22-1084L[1].webp
    replica-weapons-22-1084L[1].webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 284
Upvote 0
Timekiller said:
CRUSADER said:
I was hoping mid-17th C, during our Civil War :-\
Cru, it very well could be.Here's a replica of one with the ramrod guide and rings around it close to yours.Hard to say 100% sure for me anyway.Your other finds with it might help you with it.I think I would not argue if it was debated. ;D :wink:
Take Care Buddy,
Wish I could of helped you more :( Not often someone gets to help you with a find. :thumbsup:

sadly this field, was always a field & has most age stuff on it :-\ Cheers for the pictures, I always enjoy getting new things :icon_profileright:
 
Upvote 0
Ribbed guides were pretty much out of style by about 1750. Most likely from a fowler.
 

Attachments

  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    49.4 KB · Views: 242
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom