RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
that is very creepy there

Creepy - right! Just the fact that it shut completely down on specific questions says all!

It´s time to look for an cave deep deep in the woods and far away from the so called "civilization" :laughing7:

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ALL chocolate.

1445128693765.jpg

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tom,

Those voice recognition programs are a form of artificial intelligence.

Here's a bit of an eye opener courtesy of Elon Musk who actually owns a company involved in artificial intelligence.
If he's worried about the dangers of AI me thinks he knows what he's talking about...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Creepy - right! Just the fact that it shut completely down on specific questions says all!

It´s time to look for an cave deep deep in the woods and far away from the so called "civilization" :laughing7:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
David Canterbury swears on old tools.

He is the best if it goes to survival and prepping in my opinion.
===========
Looks like a person to have around,
if it is a zombie attack, then I will go with this guy. He is quiet and camera shy. :tongue3:
tn1.jpg tn2.jpg tn3.jpg tn4.jpg

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom,

Those voice recognition programs are a form of artificial intelligence.

Here's a bit of an eye opener courtesy of Elon Musk who actually owns a company involved in artificial intelligence.
If he's worried about the dangers of AI me thinks he knows what he's talking about...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

I've been screaming this same warning for YEARS and nobody pays any attention. If they won't listen to me, why does he think they'll listen to him?!?!? :tongue3:

Seriously though, I've been heavily against AI for many years now. AI, in and of itself, is not too much of a problem. But when you pair it with communication, transportation, strength (such as hydraulics), then things have the capacity to get real scary real fast! The only missing link in that scenario is that we have not "yet" developed a virtually limitless power supply to power this new life form.

In many instances, engineering students and real-world engineers aren't actually learning how to create the needed technology of the future. Instead, they're learning how to program computers to figure it out instead. To them, it makes more sense because the computer can do it much faster and with much less cost. ...So how's that gonna work? We build them and, before they even have the capacity to go rogue, we already hand over to them the keys to our engineering future.

Yup, I sleep real well at night!
Security-Camera-paranoid-13936578-800-600.jpg

ADDED: Look at it this way -- once AI is a full-scale reality and paired with all the other parts, we will then have, in effect, a new god to rule over mankind. ...I wonder if this new god will allow mankind to continue to exist?? After all, we sure to waste a lot of resources that it could put to much better use! 8-)

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kcm,

Well I'm not much of a techie type but considering AI is basically computers teaching themselves to learn by trial and error. And they work 24/7 unlike humans so you're effectively creating a runaway freight train without any breaking system. Sorry for the anology but I spent 35 years working in Railway marketing and turn loose a 500,000 lbs diesel locomotive with 100 or so loaded railcars and no means of stopping it is a pretty decent anology to my way of thinking....lol.

Ain't technology great folks.

Regards + HH

Bill

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
The whole thing is scary when one tries to think of the possibilities and realizes they can't fathom the extent of them. Hollywood movies and TV shows like Fast and The Furious using "Gods Eye " and "Person of Interest" give us a peek at what AI is capable of. Sure, these are movies and tv shows, but so was Star Trek and James Bond movies, ( just to name a few ), that showed us decades ago of a glimpse of the future. Companies implanting chips in employees :BangHead: Back in the 50's, my dad worked for Bell Labs R&D. The things they were doing then was so science fiction, but now is mainstream.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny you guys are talking about the AI thing... I am currently watching a movie called "moon".

Which is future based AI dealio.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not that good so far.

I have picked ten "makes no sense" so far and counting.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I started that movie playing for the wife a couple weeks back. ...Of course, I then came in here to the PC. :laughing7:

She said the same thing. Not really worth watching. So I asked her, why didn't she call for me to get her a different movie? Her answer? Cause she hadn't seen this one yet! :dontknow:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, it said the had a budget of $ 5 million dollars, just about what my wife budgets a year for boots :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: big-headache-smiley-emoticon.gif tearing-hair.gif

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just fell asleep and woke up... errggg... um mine is watching... I just asked her if she wants to go to bed but she just wants to see the end... what happens...she said its been boring".

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over... ending sucked...

My girl says it was not worth staying up till end.

Gnight peeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread