RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have a big problem down there. I had a green iguana. You had to be careful about hand feeding him cause if he got hold of your finger he would clamp down and twist his head.
I think the anacondas are a problem there because they are more aggressive.
But who knows. Maybe with the gators nature will figure it out.

photo-162.JPG you mean island chicken. Trust me we wage war on all invasive reptiles. Henry lever action 22 with sub sonic ammo. Quiet, accurate, and deadly. They are tough. Ive seen a real big monitor but cant get him. We have big tego geckos but they eat roaches so they live. Pythons once and awhle, they get run over in winter when they go out on the black top for warmth.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a big one Bart.Looks like the big ones in St Thomas .They tell the women not to have bright red toenail polish on,if you want to keep your toes.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1630045 you mean island chicken. Trust me we wage war on all invasive reptiles. Henry lever action 22 with sub sonic ammo. Quiet, accurate, and deadly. They are tough. Ive seen a real big monitor but cant get him. We have big tego geckos but they eat roaches so they live. Pythons once and awhle, they get run over in winter when they go out on the black top for warmth.

man that thing is huge

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you eat them? I won't bother anything unless it bothers me or my dogs as a rule.
Hopefully some fool won't import some komodo dragons lol

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1630045 you mean island chicken. Trust me we wage war on all invasive reptiles. Henry lever action 22 with sub sonic ammo. Quiet, accurate, and deadly. They are tough. Ive seen a real big monitor but cant get him. We have big tego geckos but they eat roaches so they live. Pythons once and awhle, they get run over in winter when they go out on the black top for warmth.
Wow, I like reptiles, but if they are invasive then they gots ta go!

That thing is huge!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hillbilly Prince,

Yeah those komodo dragons could be a bit of a problem since gold boy doesn't like snakes lets hope they don't make their way to Texas....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Can you eat them? I won't bother anything unless it bothers me or my dogs as a rule.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes there pretty good but there like eating chicken wings. Lots of nibbiling. They will eat everthing in your garden. 4 years ago I grew a monster 90.5 pound watermelon. I havnt been able to grow a champion since. I had a dog that summer that patrolled the yard and kept it lizard free. Many end up in crab traps as bait.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the monitor thats the flesh eater. They will take a small cat or possum if they can and there saliva is filled with some nasty bacteria that make you very sick quickly. They bite hard and have bigger teeth. They can be pretty big and bulky. Bigger and heavier than the green iguanas.

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah those iguanas will kill a garden, in pet stores they feed them salad lmao

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While we are on the subject of reptiles..
I like to catch things.

Screenshot_20180407-144818.png

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to catch black snakes on the farm. Copperheads are really aggresive. Got to be careful getting hold of them!

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to catch black snakes on the farm. Copperheads are really aggresive. Got to be careful getting hold of them!
Definitely, I wont pick anything up that is too small. The bigger they are the easier they are to handle. Here's another one I caught...he was a bit more fiesty.

20180513_114401.jpg

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vhoov,

You remind me of one of my detecting buddies in the Western US he picks those guys up like they were pets....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Definitely, I wont pick anything up that is too small. The bigger they are the easier they are to handle. Here's another one I caught...he was a bit more fiesty.

View attachment 1630143

Attachments

• frontier west.jpg
    frontier west.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 42

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never saw one that big around here. Seen timber rattlers that size. My cousin's place deep in a holler was riddled with copperheads.
With the development especially around the lake the snakes don't seem as plentiful around here. That is too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions