RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Years ago in a 5 mile road race I Whooped a Ferrari 308 Badly w/my Porsche !:)
=======
Do you still have it Roger and what one is it ?
I like the 911.
Porsche.jpg Porsche a.jpg or was yours more like Porsche c.jpg Porsche 962c ?

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sorry! Does it help to know my day sucked?
The Browns got Baker-Mayfield so you have that. I thought it was so cool he tried to plant that flag. But wow the New York Jets and their rookie QB.
I really don't know much about sports. I got tired of political talk radio and started listening to CBS sports radio because it is so funny. Psycho drunk fans calling in to rant about their team:) I am learning a little.
Did the dog turn up? Hope so.
Did I remember to tell you my dogs' names?
Hope that check was good cause my bank was like sure we'll cash it.
=======
My bank said they don't keep that much cash on hand and I would have to wait until the next stagecoach arrived unless I was interested in some "bitcoins". Great, I thought bitcoins were like pieces of eight. :icon_scratch:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
-

Looking at that car is like looking on Bettie Page legs!!!

What was the price when you was able to get one? I remember years ago they was available for 80.000 Marks (40.000 Euros). Doesn´t sound that much expensive but the check ups and fixing broken parts will KILL YA !! It´s the same mess as to buy a Lotus Esprit like I wanted to buy long time ago for my wife. Cheap (for reason!) but fixing parts and keep that thing running will triple the price very quickly....

It´s nice to look at - like on Bettie - but you will/can not life with it :laughing7:

PS: the designer of the Countach should get a memorial, made out of pure gold!!! He designed an absolute timeless master piece and it will NEVER be topped by someone!
==========
It was the summer of 2005 and price was $ 65,000.00 and it was a dealership in Texas. And you are so right about maintenance. The dealer actually contacted some of his previous Countach owners and got the ok for me to call and ask questions. All these guys said that once a year the car had to be shipped back to the factory, ( in Italy ), for the maintenance, service, and updates. This could take up to 6 months for the factory to do this. So, the car I could afford, ( at the time ), but the service work and shipping and no car for 6 months each year was WAY more than I could afford, so I never got it. When I was younger, my life's goal was to get a Countach, so I feel that I did reach my goal even if I didn't actually purchase it. A month later I bought my Corvette instead.

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry I missed you Tom, I was busy catching up on giving "Likes" to all those posts that I was behind on. How come you were up so early ? Did you burn your coffee again ?

coffee a.jpg

Last edited:

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way...with all due respect to German engineering they don't sell Ferraris to just anyone :p

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
==========
It was the summer of 2005 and price was $ 65,000.00 and it was a dealership in Texas. And you are so right about maintenance. The dealer actually contacted some of his previous Countach owners and got the ok for me to call and ask questions. All these guys said that once a year the car had to be shipped back to the factory, ( in Italy ), for the maintenance, service, and updates. This could take up to 6 months for the factory to do this. So, the car I could afford, ( at the time ), but the service work and shipping and no car for 6 months each year was WAY more than I could afford, so I never got it. When I was younger, my life's goal was to get a Countach, so I feel that I did reach my goal even if I didn't actually purchase it.

-

Thats may the reason why people buy replicas.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe you guys let the Ferrari comment go lol
Anyway, before YT takes this down again.
Just be careful about letting straight girls see this.
Her eyes do things.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
===========

A Four ( 4 ) door ? :icon_scratch: You blurred the plates because it said Missouri. :laughing7:

Just the number. Yes they are running out of two doors to restore. And people want way too much for two doors unless they need complete restoration.
Sometimes you can find a project car at a decent price however.
And kids don't work on cars anymore. Too busy on their phones.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
We let the Ferrari comment go because we just thought that 12 pack maybe just kicked in Dog Confused.gif

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Just the number. Yes they are running out of two doors to restore. And people want way too much for two doors unless they need complete restoration.
Sometimes you can find a project car at a decent price however.
And kids don't work on cars anymore. Too busy on their phones.
===========
yep, 55,56, and 57 Chevies. The price they are now asking on 4 dour Tri 5 Chevies is ridiculous. Maybe it was my upbringing, but I just can not find a four door as something to own. Just my opinion.

Morgan Morgan

Sep 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I’m new to this site so apologies if I’m getting it wrong but I guess if you guys can’t help no one can!

I found what I believe to be a stone Canonball (possibly English Civil War) in a freshly ploughed field relatively close to Worcester. Can anyone help me confirm refute my assumption. 2483F9DB-B318-4D6C-A180-AF13241216F8.jpg

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TNET Morgan Morgan.
You might post this in the forum "What is it" What Is It?
This will get you more exposure and greatly improve the odds of getting you an answer. There are many experts on here so you should get an answer.
They will want measurements for sure as cannon balls came in various sizes and weight. That will help narrow the field down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread