RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess ill call RTR Roger. Havnt seen him post since before the hurricane. Hope all is well for him.

Yeah I've been busy cleaning up the yard.All is good here :) Those twisters came close ,but no damage here.

Wow, it's going to be in the 60s today. Good day for relic hunting.

Lovebottles,

Good luck and be sure to share your finds with the crew.

Didn't find anything today. I'm going to start just buying bottles and continue metal detecting. But will walk the river for bottles though. Walked this 1870 horse and buggy road and found a few places to detect. Was going to go to the end to see where an old house stood and ask permission but heard a man screaming and decided to wait until another day.

Hillbilly Prince,

I've heard of the book but never read it. Well hopefully you can get your dad on the road to recovery and as you say interaction with others is a good start.

Well let's face it even though a lot of people wish they won the lottery, inherited a big whack of money, etc....so they wouldn't have to work. That's not the solution no matter our age, financial situation, etc....we all need a reason/purpose to get out of bed in the morning.

Don't know about your area but a lot of places have walking clubs for the elderly, social centers, etc....or even him taking a walk in the morning to the local coffee hang out might be a good start.

Well my dad passed on a year after mom. They were married for 66 years. Three of us boys were holding his hands when he died.
This blue heeler followed me home one day. Him and dad became inseparable. Sitting in the yard watching time go by.
Of Human Bondage may be my favorite book. Written in 1915. It is the story of a boy growing up in England and trying to sort out what he wants to do and what life means.
W Somerset Maugham's editor thought the ending was rather pessimistic. So there is an obviously tacked on last chapter with a banal happy ending. Some editions have it and some don't.
I have read it at least three times.

Hill billy you're signature is exactly what I do for the people that lived in the 1800s. Also, I want to share where I will be detecting Monday

So I'm going to get permission to metal detect these locations. This first picture you will see the river the houses across the river is where my first stop will be. Trailer homes set there now.
carroll660.jpg
This next story is offensive and isn't intended to sound racist. One of them houses owned slaves and they escaped.
Screenshot_20180922-134448.jpg

The next location will be an old blacksmith shop
carroll292.jpg

And these next ones will be knocking and ask for or omission. Besides this first picture of this house, it's now a public park.
carroll813.jpg
carroll805.JPG
carroll743.jpg

So I'm going to get permission to metal detect these locations. This first picture you will see the river the houses across the river is where my first stop will be. Trailer homes set there now.
View attachment 1634698
This next story is offensive and isn't intended to sound racist. One of them houses owned slaves and they escaped.
View attachment 1634699

This is an interesting memoir of a slave. Little long but gives quite a glimpse into life at that time.

Lovebottles,

Good luck with the permissions. No need to worry about a possible racist slant first off it was before you were born and like it or not it is part of history for better or for worse.

Here's hoping you score some nice old finds.

View attachment 1634698
View attachment 1634699

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back