RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with Tnet...

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Midden-marauder

Dec 10, 2023
Little one!

Attachments

• signal-2023-11-09-08-53-51-492.jpg
    signal-2023-11-09-08-53-51-492.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 14

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Favorite Picture, I use it as My Computer Screen
DSCF00060.JPG

Was Hunting a Local Park with WHADIFIND, and all of a Sudden the Beam Shot Down ! I was expecting Spock or Someone to appear, But all of a sudden it Shot Back Up :o Must have Realized I was watching !

Well, Sounds better then the Truth :laughing7: We Were at a Local park.
couldn't see the sunbeam till I Downloaded the pics.

Group Hunt at Centralia, Pa
centralia.jpg

at the GO MINELABBING Event in Atlantic City
photo%201.jpg

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Favorite Picture, I use it as My Computer Screen View attachment 2134373
Was Hunting a Local Park with WHADIFIND, and all of a Sudden the Beam Shot Down ! I was expecting Spock or Someone to appear, But all of a sudden it Shot Back Up :o Must have Realized I was watching !

Well, Sounds better then the Truth :laughing7: We Were at a Local park.
couldn't see the sunbeam till I Downloaded the pics.

Group Hunt at Centralia, Pa
View attachment 2134374

at the GO MINELABBING Event in Atlantic City
View attachment 2134375
Hold on, which one is you?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't that what they call it in the UK along the river? Although I see dates of a company in PA.
Yes, But I was in Delaware along the Delaware river.

Delaware river should have plenty of stuff. I once had relatives who lived in Delaware close to the bay. Growing up had fun digging the sand crabs on the beach there.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And what of the movie The Shawshank Redemption???Well I really don’t know much about Spanish mine markers…So these are just some silly pictures of today’s recon of my new backyard…🤪✌️⛄️

Attachments

• IMG_0527.jpeg
    IMG_0527.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0525.jpeg
    IMG_0525.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0526.jpeg
    IMG_0526.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0524.jpeg
    IMG_0524.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 10
Reactions: ARC

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know ... All if this is beautiful, but it represents the plunder and destruction of the North and South American Continents, but mostly South America. I think of all the beautiful things that these coins and ingots represent that were melted down to form piles of gold... Such a tragedy.

Reactions: ARC

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You know ... All if this is beautiful, but it represents the plunder and destruction of the North and South American Continents, but mostly South America. I think of all the beautiful things that these coins and ingots represent that were melted down to form piles of gold... Such a tragedy.
Yes plundering of the earths resources has given many sleepless nights.

Fact the gold and emeralds were mined-not melted artifacts as believed. (not saying it didn't happen).

"Gold and silver were mined in Upper Peru (nowBolivia),Mexico, and the area that was eventually lznown as New Granada (Colom- bia, parts of Venezuela, Ecuador, and Panama).
The Spaniards quickly enslaved the local tribes and forced them to work the mines, as they had done elsewhere (Keller, 1981). Many emeralds, both set in jewelry and as rough crystals (figurel),were subsequently sent to Spain."

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes plundering of the earths resources has given many sleepless nights.

Fact the gold and emeralds were mined-not melted artifacts as believed. (not saying it didn't happen).

"Gold and silver were mined in Upper Peru (nowBolivia),Mexico, and the area that was eventually lznown as New Granada (Colom- bia, parts of Venezuela, Ecuador, and Panama).
The Spaniards quickly enslaved the local tribes and forced them to work the mines, as they had done elsewhere (Keller, 1981). Many emeralds, both set in jewelry and as rough crystals (figurel),were subsequently sent to Spain."

Yes but I'm also refering to when the conquistadors first landed in the new world and they demanded like a room full of gold to release the king of the Aztecs ? When they got the gold they killed the king anyway and plundered everyone else..
A lot was mined, but we see today artifacts that have survived in Colombia and Peru and other counties in South America and just consider the travesty what was taken and melted down.. or the languages that were destroyed.. etc..

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes but I'm also refering to when the conquistadors first landed in the new world and they demanded like a room full of gold to release the king of the Aztecs ? When they got the gold they killed the king anyway and plundered everyone else..
A lot was mined, but we see today artifacts that have survived in Colombia and Peru and other counties in South America and just consider the travesty what was taken and melted down.. or the languages that were destroyed.. etc..
I really don't sweat that at all, well before my time.
My family tree is guilt free.
Listen though if you feel guilty/dirty, pay them some reparations and it might help you feel better.

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The property owner showed me this building and said it used to be a blacksmith shop in the 1940's. The dually truck is also on the same property and is from the 1940's.
IMG_0658 2 2.jpeg
IMG_0659 3.jpeg
IMG_0667.jpeg
IMG_0661 2.jpeg

Last edited:

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That type of activity has been going on since mankind started organizing themselves into clans. It's happening today. A group of people with power and control take more than they need from people who can least afford it. It's called taxes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread