Range Township but no Section

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I understand the process for staking a mining claim. I was looking at a particular area on the map and I can work out the Range and Township but the Sections are irregular and listed with a "PB" as in PB37, PB42
What does this mean and how do you describe the claim without an actual section number?
MLRS also does not seem to understand this.

Upvote 3

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I emailed the BLM and chatted with a very helpful Joanna Vasquez. I asked about the PB and how to describe it and here is her response.

So there is a website Land Status & Cadastral Survey Records Oregon/Washington BLM and here you can type in the township and range to look at the mater title plat to count out where the section would be if it had been surveyed. When you file you will need to describe where by the metes and bounds. You’ll need to run a report through this link BLM Reporting Application to see what’s out there.
It is interesting that there is a “Null” value for many of the mandatory Criteria. I see Admin State, Geo State and Meridian Township range section for example as well as the last four criteria boxes.

Admin stands for Administration State however what is a "Geo State"?

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I emailed the BLM and chatted with a very helpful Joanna Vasquez. I asked about the PB and how to describe it and here is her response.

So there is a website Land Status & Cadastral Survey Records Oregon/Washington BLM and here you can type in the township and range to look at the mater title plat to count out where the section would be if it had been surveyed. When you file you will need to describe where by the metes and bounds. You’ll need to run a report through this link BLM Reporting Application to see what’s out there.
So did you get an answer when you checked the "Field notes box" with your example:
Boundary, Survey Year
Survey type year
Survey year type
Surveyor, Survey year

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread