Range Township but no Section

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 3
OP
OP
B

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can the "PB" also refer to 'not conforming' to the "Public land Survey" yet it is still be surveyed with a clear boundary?

"Mineral Survey" comes to mind here.

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just because the shape does not conform to the "Public rectangular survey system" does not mean the boundaries are not surveyed as shown on the plat maps.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I understand the process for staking a mining claim. I was looking at a particular area on the map and I can work out the Range and Township but the Sections are irregular and listed with a "PB" as in PB37, PB42
What does this mean and how do you describe the claim without an actual section number?
MLRS also does not seem to understand this.
Just wondering if you inquired with BLM and what the results or answer is.

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After inquiring with the BLM.

Attachments

• 305969534_6121881121162428_4674830795236538375_n.jpg
    305969534_6121881121162428_4674830795236538375_n.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 19

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is getting old gentlemen, If it doesn't end I will end it with timeouts.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Disgusting
It is good thing to have some disagreements as some will learn from it if they are not into reading this type of information / conversation.

When it gets close to possible name calling or perhaps tearing down someone. That is counter productive to the topic thread and some posts can get removed.

It is a far better experience to realize some unknown information here rather then down the road in a possible dispute that one can not get out of and pay a price for it.

It is a positive thing to share information that can be looked up easily with most disagreements or questionable issues that definitely covers the concept of a mine.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The word “Survey” both noun and the important verb as recognized within most “Courts” will play a part of the question if the land is “Survey”-"Surveyed".

This will also help answer the question is the land "Survey"-"Surveyed" or is it not.

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most likely you will not get an answer from BLM. However please share what you get.
Thanks.

OP
OP
B

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most likely you will not get an answer from BLM. However please share what you get.
Thanks.
I emailed the BLM and chatted with a very helpful Joanna Vasquez. I asked about the PB and how to describe it and here is her response.

So there is a website Land Status & Cadastral Survey Records Oregon/Washington BLM and here you can type in the township and range to look at the mater title plat to count out where the section would be if it had been surveyed. When you file you will need to describe where by the metes and bounds. You’ll need to run a report through this link BLM Reporting Application to see what’s out there.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I emailed the BLM and chatted with a very helpful Joanna Vasquez. I asked about the PB and how to describe it and here is her response.

So there is a website Land Status & Cadastral Survey Records Oregon/Washington BLM and here you can type in the township and range to look at the mater title plat to count out where the section would be if it had been surveyed. When you file you will need to describe where by the metes and bounds. You’ll need to run a report through this link BLM Reporting Application to see what’s out there.
I have been on that first web page before. The second web page is new to me thanks.
Should be useful.
The metes and bounds is not a surprise.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread