hawkfeather

Jun 16, 2008
Bradford, PA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, (2) Rangertell Long Range Locators
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few years ago I saw an ad for a Rangertell LRL. I thought man what a load of crap. So I was curious and wanted to know if they would actually work at all or not. Not wanting to pay for one at the outrageous prices they were listed for I came up with an idea. I contacted the maker in Australia and offered to re build his web site and even write a decent user manual in exchange for one of his devices. So, a few weeks later I got one in the mail. I built the guy a web site and started to re write his manual but he was very slow to communicate and never finished giving me all of the info to finish. His initial web site was horrible and un navigable so I tried the best with what I had to re design a nicer one. Anyways, I tested the Rangertell unit over and over and with a friends help we proved beyond a doubt that this particular one did work for us on silver and iron. I have all of the user manuals and a complete list of frequencies for every imaginable element and some odd objects and the vague instructions and I plan on doing some hunting this summer in my region. I do not want to argue the point of our findings and I am in no way affiliated with the maker besides the services I gave to get the unit. If anyone in my area is interested in some field trips to the Austin PA dam area please contact me. I would be glad to have some company.

[email protected]

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is the Rangertell the LRL that the U S Department of Justice has declared a fraud? Does it have Harmonic Induction Discrimination? ╦╦Ç

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI, Thomas Afalani, CEO of Electroscope, originated the term Long Range Locating, or Locator (LRL)

Dell Winders, originated the terms" Molecular Frequency Discrimination" (MFD) and "Harmonic Induction Discrimination" (HID)

By my own definition I would say that the term MFD is more applicable to the Ranger Tell product using a calculator.

I hope this helps you in your research. Dell

jsnipr

Aug 13, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember how embarrassed I was back in I think 2002 or so when I took a chance on one of RangerTell's LRLs that had the calculator on top. The second I took it out of the box and saw that calculator on top, my whole face turned red and I was like, wow I just got scammed. So I did some tests out in a big open field and "dialed in" the number which was simply entering a number on the calculator on top. Of course it did not do anything. I was able to get a refund when I sent it back (thank god).

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's pretty funny even though it's kinda embarrassing to share things like that.. Glad you got a refund though. Even by LRL standards that one is a WTF moment lol.

macronova

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember how embarrassed I was back in I think 2002 or so when I took a chance on one of RangerTell's LRLs that had the calculator on top. The second I took it out of the box and saw that calculator on top, my whole face turned red and I was like, wow I just got scammed. So I did some tests out in a big open field and "dialed in" the number which was simply entering a number on the calculator on top. Of course it did not do anything. I was able to get a refund when I sent it back (thank god).

HAHAHA ... "So I did some tests out in a big open field and "dialed in" the number which was simply entering a number on the calculator on top. Of course it did not do anything."

... that's freaking hilarious. Oh man I really got a kick out of that one. I'm still laughing. I'm truly astonished that you actually got a refund. It really seems like a miracle. Can an expert tell me what is actually happening when you dial that number in to the calculator? Ok, so its dowsing. Where are your motherloads guys? I won't ask if you found treasure. Just tell me this, have you ever found any precious metal or gemstone not including micro gold using this technology? If so, can you please post authentic photos of your findings? Just your smallest find of each type of treasure.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread