What's new

🥇 BANNER RARE NEW BRUNSWICK SILVER, 1st hunt of season

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
4,107
Reaction score
2,717
Golden Thread
3
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First dig of the season, was quite nice at about 50 F.

Got a copper pretty quick, about an hour later I got a small silver, too much mud on it to know exactly what it was. Later in a mud puddle I discovered it to be a New Brunswick 10 cent silver. Not right up on the prices I did know it was a scarce coin, and I did notice it had a doubled "2" in the date "1862 BTW"

So, when home I look it up, a lot better than I thought.

Probably my best first day. Even the crotal bell is a first with the makers initials...S. I. or I. S. anyone ?
 

Attachments

  • find13-1a.webp
    find13-1a.webp
    36.2 KB · Views: 961
  • find13-1c.webp
    find13-1c.webp
    25 KB · Views: 882
  • find13-1d.webp
    find13-1d.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 927
  • find13-1e.webp
    find13-1e.webp
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,013
  • find13-1g.webp
    find13-1g.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 957
  • find13-1h.webp
    find13-1h.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 623
  • find13-1j.webp
    find13-1j.webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 632
Last edited:
Great start to your season Rick. I absolutely love the maker marked crotal bell, the dandy button is sweet, and the NB silver is BANNER!
 
Now yer Dealin!!!!................HH
Got to make Banner!!!!!
 
Good 18th C Crotal Bell & a pretty Silver - CONGRATS, all down hill now...
 
Got my vote for banner!
 
Now that's one beautiful old Canadian coin...Banner find in my book!
 
Way to go Rick. I hope there is one of those hiding here in Tatamagouche.
 
Nice find Rick...you have my vote it's a banner.
 
Congrats on the great finds!
 
Just put in my Banner vote for this beauty - wow, what a coin! Andi
 
Thanks everyone for the kind words, and the votes.

Was busy most all day snow digging.
 
This is a banner find all day...Never even seen one dug before...

Blaze
 
great first hunt, ground is still frozen here, i like the tarnishing on the new Brunswick 10 cent
 
That's an awesome find. New Brunswick Silver with a double punch date gets a banner vote from me!
 
Great little coin :thumbsup: love the tone of the Silver...congrats on the Banner.:icon_thumright:

SS
 
Awesome coin, I love the look of it. Congrats.
 
Really cool finds! The dime is very interesting! Congrats!
 
WOOOHOOO Rick congrats on your BANNER Canadian silver:headbang:

First one i have ever seen up there:thumbsup:


Blaze
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom