What's new

Rare Oriented L6 Meteorite

Terry Soloman

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 28, 2010
Messages
21,755
Reaction score
35,428
Golden Thread
1
Location
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

  • Frank's Meteorite.webp
    Frank's Meteorite.webp
    43.5 KB · Views: 182
Wow, I learned a lot reading about this. It's expanded my, 'what to look for' scan when out west.

Thanks for the links and info.
 
I would walk past that one. I've never seen one like it.
Like GIB said, time to read. Thanks for posting.
 
Always helps to know what you're looking for! :laughing7:
 
Terry, was the meteorite giving his detector a signal? Was that what made him suspect it
might be something special. It looks so much like a common rock. Worn rhyolite.
 
Yes, the meteorite does sound off like a "hot rock." It does not look like an ordinary rock. I wish I had better pictures!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom