The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got back from my annual, rainy season diamond hunt at the Crater of Diamonds in Arkansas. I found this white diamond just under 2 carats. It was a great, rainy season this year!

20170428_231844.jpg

Upvote 28
Hey TQ!! Very Nice Find!! By the way, how is the ole Mud Pit?? Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Very muddy with running streams of water everywhere great for auto rinsing and setting up catchalls just the way I like it! That's why I only go there during the rainy season. I can't do 110+ degree temperatures in dry soil with no running streams and too many people.

Last edited:
Ok we get that, but it didn't really answer the exam question.
How much is yours worth in your opinion?

Really I didn't know I was taking an exam? :laughing7: First as I am not a lapidary, I need to take it to my jeweler to get a professional evaluation on it to determine whether it should be cut, or not as that it the only way to really determine its real value. Looking into it with my jewelers loupe I can see a couple of tiny specks of graphite in it. As for its rating of color and clarity based on any occlusions and whether or not, they can be cut out without losing too much of it that is up for the lapidary to decide. If it will greatly increase its value, I will have it done. Otherwise I will keep it in its raw form and have it mounted into a ring for myself. So at this point, I can't really tell you. Plus I am waiting to see if I find any others in the concentrates that I brought home with me before I go to the jeweler.

Last edited:
Really I didn't know I was taking an exam? :laughing7: First as I am not a lapidary, I need to take it to my jeweler to get a professional evaluation on it to determine whether it should be cut, or not as that it the only way to really determine its real value. Looking into it with my jewelers loupe I can see a couple of tiny specks of graphite in it. As for its rating of color and clarity based on any inclusions and whether or not, they can be cut out without losing too much of it that is up for the lapidary to decide. If it will greatly increase its value, I will have it done. Otherwise I will keep it in its raw form and have it mounted into a ring for myself. So at this point, I can't really tell you. Plus I am waiting to see if I find any others in the concentrates that I brought home with me before I go to the jeweler.
Come on.
Take a guess, your strap-line states otherwise. Take a guess, please? after years of experience, surely it's not a hard ask?

Take a guess, your strap-line says otherwise. Take a guess, please? after years of experience, surely it's not a hard ask?

where's the 'eye roll' emoji?

Thank you. Right here it is... ::)
Oh and this too. ;D
The above emoticon reminds me of a fact that I've heard quite often as so many others have too. :laughing7:

Come on.
Take a guess, your strap-line states otherwise. Take a guess, please? after years of experience, surely it's not a hard ask?
Your bait-line broke already with me and besides you didn't have the right kind on it anyway. What were you trying to catch with that anyway a minnow?
I use minnows for bait, so you're most definitely casting your line in the wrong direction. Lol! :laughing11:

Really? Well why don't you take your own, good advice that you so "kindly" gave to someone else on another thread as quoted below?
That's OK, it was just badly phased & seemed less of a question than an accusation.

I tried to explain it you in the most logical way possible already, but obviously you just don't get it. I don't base my "years of experience" on guessing games that are impossible to give a correct answer to with all of the complexities that are involved that you clearly can't seem to grasp. Only a fool would even try to do such a thing and their answer wouldn't even be correct if they did.

Lastly I have neither the time, nor the inclination to get involved in circular arguments.
"Circular arguments are nothing but a waste of time, you never get anywhere and always end up right back where you started." - TreaSureQueen
I'd rather be out hunting, or just about anything else for that matter.

Last edited:
There are a half dozen chest thumpers on this awesome sight. They're great detectorists. BUT they know it too well.

congrats on the diamond find, I live about an hour from the site, have been by it numerous times but never had time to stop. one of my uncles had a small one cut and put in a ring, he also had a quartz cut too

Nice find, please keep us posted on your work through the concentrates.

Very interesting post!! Thanks for sharing! Congrats and HH

Sweet! Nice find! :occasion14:
Every year you go and do that? Sounds like fun.

Sweet! Nice find! :occasion14:
Every year you go and do that? Sounds like fun.

Thank you. Yes and usually twice a year. I also go to the Colorado/Wyoming state line area as there are 40 kimberlite, diamond pipes in that area. I like to go through the tailings of abandoned mining operations and also look for placer diamonds in streams and creek beds.
Here is a link to see the geological survey of this area. Diamonds | Colorado Geological Survey

Nice find, please keep us posted on your work through the concentrates.

Thank you Oddjob. I'm still searching for the elusive yellow diamond that the lamprolite crater in Arkansas is known for. Going through the concentrates is the only time that the "bottom of the barrel" is the best. :wink:

Last edited:
Brotha you on another level!! Lol That is incredible. Do you dig, pan or eyeball?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I eyeball constantly of course as believe it or not, that's how many of the larger ones are found. I dig and pan usually simultaneously. I like it best after heavy rains or having water nearby. I set up catchalls in streams. As I am digging, I fill my sarucas with soil and gravel and place them in running water to do the rinsing for me while I keep digging, dry sifting in double screens and filling buckets. I always try to work smarter, not harder. :sunny:

Thank you. I eyeball constantly of course as believe it or not, that's how many of the larger ones are found. I dig and pan usually simultaneously. I like it best after heavy rains or having water nearby. I set up catchalls in streams. As I am digging, I fill my sarucas with soil and gravel and place them in running water to do the rinsing for me while I keep digging, dry sifting in double screens and filling buckets. I always try to work smarter, not harder. :sunny:

Wow I think that's incredible. You are a true hunter of jewels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back