Ray in CA soon to be Ray in WA

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
That's right, I'm making the move to Washington state in about a month or so. I've been asked to pastor Calvary Baptist Church in Chehalis, which is about an hour and a half south of Seattle. I just got back yesterday morning from a five day trip there and am exhausted (I hate traveling by air). Will be driving back up in a couple weeks to drop my Jeep 4x4 off and perform a Sunday service and then fly back from Portland, OR. I'm very excited about this move!

On a non-religious note, I took off yesterday after resting for a couple of hours for a bit of metal detecting and found a 1928 buffalo nickel. I didn't even have to dig it...it was just lying there on top of the ground, LOL. A groundskeeper must have dug it up while maintaining the park grounds. Sorry, no pic as my camera battery is charging.

Ray

Upvote 0
ray good luck in your new life :thumbsup:

Good luck Ray, hopefully this move will open up some undiscovered places to dig.

The Lord certainly works in wonderful ways, Ray. May this move be more than just Pastoring, could also be a blessing in disguise, as He probably figured you needed an excuse to try hunting in another state.......NGE

God Speaking:
"Ray, it is time to leave S. CA. because Dan(CAPTN SE) has pillaged every piece of silver out of the ground there. Time to find more plentiful ground, my solemn friend". ;D ;D ;D :laughing7:

Good luck in WA, Ray. I hope WA treats you right...get your rain gear ready! I'm glad we had a chance to meet!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Congrats Ray, getting out of Calif and to Washington has been a rather common migration route in the past 20 years. So I am sure you will meet others who also moved from Calif to your new home area.

I lived two years in SW Tacoma and loved the area and hope to return for a nice visit someday, it's been quite a few years since I have been to the Pacific NW..............

Don

Thanks everyone for the good wishes! And yes, during my time there I naturally scouted out a few places I could metal detect when I get the time. I think NGE and Dan has something there about God leading me to "greener" pastures since Dan has pretty much cleaned us out down here with his SE and pro coil, hehe. If he even thinks about coming to Washington, I'll be the first to boycott the move! :wink:

Anyhow, I'll keep you folks up to date about the move and once there I will have to figure out some way to change my handle.

Ray in CA said:
Thanks everyone for the good wishes! And yes, during my time there I naturally scouted out a few places I could metal detect when I get the time. I think NGE and Dan has something there about God leading me to "greener" pastures since Dan has pretty much cleaned us out down here with his SE and pro coil, hehe. If he even thinks about coming to Washington, I'll be the first to boycott the move! :wink:

Anyhow, I'll keep you folks up to date about the move and once there I will have to figure out some way to change my handle.
Glad to hear about your move. Lots of great huntin grounds in the chehalis area, and lots of loggin history. I also beleive there is a "No Cptn. SE "clause in the washington bylaws. But don't quote me on that. LOL. Travel safe and good huntin.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

P.S.
Bring plenty of WD-40. I hear californians rust up here. LOL

Ray, I wish you all the Best :thumbsup:

plehbah, we will all go the same way, I can feel it in my bones.

Hope you find lots of great, new places to hunt, Ray. :) Post us some pictures from beautiful WA! :thumbsup:

Congrats on those finds, too! :thumbsup: Nana

Hey Ray, I'm happy for you. You get a new flock to see over, couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy. I hope I get my coil back before you leave. Good Luck :thumbsup:.

Thanks again, everyone!

Juju, yeah I think you're right! Dan is banned from all states save California!!! LOL

Plehbah, good question! But I'd have to answer that in the religious forum. ;D

Nana, I left my digital behind on the trip but don't worry...you'll see plenty of photos from me in a couple months.

Ant, I hope you get your coil soon too! I've detected most of that area that I told you about and only came away with a silver plated spoon and a pendant. No silver coins. But then again I could have missed something. From what I have gathered lately, it wasn't a recreation field after all but where the dining hall used to be. Still, there's lots and lots of field to detect yet, so hope is still alive.

Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back