Re-activate the "Politics" forum.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Re: Re-activate the "Politics" forum.

Is it just a few people got feelings hurt?

Or was it a problem to print negative comments about politicians for some other reason, like could the candidates sue if we exaggerated their positions like many candidates do to each other?

Of course any person can avoid a forum or thread, if putting the maybe 1,2, or 3 people that annoy them most on ignore/block somehow isn't good enough.

Perhaps another option(?) would be members could list a few of their favorite political sites. This wouldn't be saying anyone is right or wrong.

Or perhaps just encourage everyone to type in a search top political forums. Of couse many of those sites might censor posts if they're for a certain party or candidate, and somebody might get banned for making a false statement. But there's almost unlimited sites to choose.

Many things happening outside of this hobby may be more fun to think about than detecting when we're trapped indoors for months.

Many of us want to be helpful, but even debating best detector or best detector in price range, can get some extremely emotional as they disagree.

We should try to appreciate differences when we can. If we were all identical, there would be no need to write or talk, almost nothing in the world would work if we were all clones. Best wishes, George (MN)

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other

The state must keep people in line comrade George and comrade Goose-o. Conform to the wishes and the indoctorization of the new system.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    7 KB · Views: 278

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ

I remember that forum section. What I remember most was a guy from (he saod) Australia. He was a constant pain and US hater on that forum. I did some digging into his "past posta" and found something interesting. Of almost 400 posts every one was on POLITICS. He was not here to discuss MD'ing, CRH'ing, Cache hunting, prospecting as the rest of us do. He was only here to stir the political pot. I can understand a POLITICAL forum but perhaps it should stick to politics as it affects our hobbies and the rights to enjoy them. I really don't see any arguments then. If it steps on our collective toes then it MUST be addressed. If it lies in another realm it must be discussed somewhere else. Mind you, I would be the first to step on the present administration. And before anyone accuses me of racism let me tell you straight out that I don't like the white half either.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Well said comrade paratrooper :occasion17: :icon_salut:

It is a sad day here in AmeriKa

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

paratrooper said:
I remember that forum section. What I remember most was a guy from (he saod) Australia. He was a constant pain and US hater on that forum. I did some digging into his "past posta" and found something interesting. Of almost 400 posts every one was on POLITICS. He was not here to discuss MD'ing, CRH'ing, Cache hunting, prospecting as the rest of us do. He was only here to stir the political pot. I can understand a POLITICAL forum but perhaps it should stick to politics as it affects our hobbies and the rights to enjoy them. I really don't see any arguments then. If it steps on our collective toes then it MUST be addressed. If it lies in another realm it must be discussed somewhere else. Mind you, I would be the first to step on the present administration. And before anyone accuses me of racism let me tell you straight out that I don't like the white half either.

The political forum has been shut down on several occasions for months at a time over the years due to the rude name calling and mud slinging that goes on there at times by some people when someone has an opposing view or doesn't agree with someone elses view..

Paratrooper your correct sir, even though this is a treasure hunting website there are a few people who come here strictly for a political agenda and to stir the pot. You can tell that by checking profiles and the general statistics for a member. It shows where they post and spend their time when they are here ....

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Yes paratrooper it is a pity that all the posts were deleted from the politics thread. Now all the conformists can cry and whine victim without having to worry about somebody finding the actual proof that the roles were,in fact, reversed.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005

It is so hard to disagree in a way that doesn't cause bad feelings. Just presenting facts, & then the other poster presents alleged facts from another site. Or the person bringing up the the topic knows alot about it, but some like to reply to everything, even when they don't know much about it. They may prefer the topic go away, so they don't embarrass themselves more, or not post & feel left out.

Some people prefer "preaching to the choir" sites, where everyone makes everyone feel good by saying I agree. Others like to hear from people who view an issue differently.

If we just want to discuss politics elsewhere, I found a site twoplustwo that looks interesting. Informed & disagree politely if they do. I saw one section had about 400,000 viewings! They have suspensions for those that are not nice to another. Best wishes, George (MN)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread