Re: ENC Get Together.

1Privateer

Oct 3, 2006
Eastern NC-Pirate Country!
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Gtp 1350 Bounty Hunter Pioneer

I know I'm not the only MDer in this area. And I know I'm not the only one that would like to know some fellow hunters around here. It would be nice to have someone to hunt with and even get a bunch together for a big hunt. Just having a person assist with some research would be fun. There's strength in numbers and lots of information and contacts to be had. I'm sure that if a few of us got together we would all benefit. Those of you that worry about compromising a protected area should know that we all have them but we have an unwritten code among ourselves to honor it as your private area if invited to hunt. More contacts means more possibilities and more finds.

So far nothing has been said about a formal club, just MDers meeting and sharing a geat hobby. Those of you that beach hunt should be doubly interested because eventually the $%&*^*$ developers at Emerald Isle are going to try to close the beach areas in front of their developments to the public. Some have already posted "Private Property-No Trespassing" signs on the beach side. Right now the state is not allowing that but I'm certain before too long there's going to be a ruckus about the public using their beachfront.

Unknown MDers aren't strangers, just friends you haven't met yet!

Treasure Seeker

Sep 7, 2005
Appleton, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

1Privateer,

You can count me in for a hunt.... I'm from Wisconsin, but have been working on a consulting project in Charlotte for the last 7 months. I'm flying back to Charlotte tonight -- and am bringing my detector with me.

bushido

Greenie
Feb 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
DFX

1Privateer,

I took my MD to Wilmington with me this past weekend but never got a chance to use it. The long handled beach scoop I ordered off of e-bay came Monday. It's built tough and has a big basket, I just hope it's not too heavy to carry around all day. I'm at work now, not knowing what time I'll get off, but if it's early enough I'll be on days tomorrow. Then it's back to 4 p.m. to 4 a.m. Thursday until about Tuesday so this coming up weekend is shot. I have your cell number at home so I'm going to send you mine and maybe you can call me tonight. When I started finding these forums I thought for sure there would be MDing clubs near here, but there isn't. An informal meeting might get one started. Just keep trying...Paul

drver

Sep 24, 2006
Wilmington, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

bushido said:
1Privateer, I thought for sure there would be MDing clubs near here, but there isn't. ...Paul

Try to Google CRABS, Carolina Relic And Beach hunting Society, for a local club.

R

rtaylor

please let me know when.............Ron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread