• acob.jpg
    acob.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 832
  • acob2.jpg
    acob2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 841
Badge,

My thoughts...I think its real.
My reasoning, why would someone take the time, effort, to fake such a small denomination cob and of a common variety. It looks from the photo to be a 1 reales (Charles II?) and shows typical wear, nothing sticks out that would make me think any different.

Weigh the piece...let us know what you come up with.
But, for $8.00 bucks, it would be a good snag...
Maybe a fake...but who really cares? out 8 bucks.

Trez

Thanks much, Trez.

I figured this but also wanted to check on a source.

I've seen a few fake 8 reales online but have the counterfeiters done any smaller denominations?

Its hard to say, but judging by the photos.....I'd say yes sir we have a winer.....ding...ding... :thumbsup:

db

Badge,

It looks real to me. One clue is in the cross.

Nice purchase!

Moe

It looks very real to me, but you never know. It would be a lot of work to cast it, make it look worn and aged, then only get $8 for it.

Michigan Badger said:
Real or fake?

Looks real to me.I don't think it's a cast repro either based on some irregular detail on the top left side of the larger image. And you got the cross which is always a nice section of these coins to have visible. Whilst you need to take a long hard look and even then, it's hard to be certain... there's nothing in particular which indicates "fake". The only way you'll ever know is if another shows up on the market with the exact same imperfections and trim details.

Nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back