realestate for sale?

excal

Sep 15, 2009
w.p.b FL.
Detector(s) used
excaliber II
i live in south Florida and i am looking for a vacation home to do some treasure hunting on. i metal detect the beaches on the weekends and would love to get into gold prospecting. I would love to have a small rough cabin, away from everything, and where i could search for treasures on my property and possibly hunt. I want to be able to drive there in 10-12 hours, so nothing north of Georgia i suppose. Where would you recommend lookin? What type of land to look for? I know you guys on TN have the info on everything and i appreciate the advice and direction. Thank You

Upvote 0
Did i say something wrong here? This is the first time i have necer gotten a reply? I am going to do some traveling in the future with my son who just turned one and i want to go look a place that would be cool to have a place at. I want him to be involved in MDing and prospecting. What kid doesn't like digging in the dirt. I just don't know where to start maybe Dalohnega, GA? or that Arkansas diamong mine or the carolinas gem mine area? I have not done that much traveling in my life so i was hoping you guys could piont me in the right direction.

n.georgia is very nice ,dahlonaga would be a good choice/but kind of pricey.research on ga. gold belt and find several good options,it runs from ala.n/e towards the carolinas.i live in villa rica (the city of gold)but the gold here is mostly flour,very small and a lot of pans for very little specks.i usually go further n.yes there are eceptions to the rule but generally speaking pickers and nuggetts are more plentiful n. cherokee,white ,lumpkin counties are safe bets for good color.hope this helps.if you hit a gold mine please remember me and takoda :thumbsup:

thanks Takoda and strickman,
i just had a son and i am planning to do so much with him that i can't wait. i think we are gonna start by visiting some areas for short trips. to get the feel of the area. i am hoping to be able to bring my father with us as well. i have a travel trailer to stay if that is necessary. i would like a small cabin of sorts to stay in but if not, i could drag the trailer with me. Takoda i have been lookin in dahlonaga area and noticed it is pricey. being that i am not familiar with the area, i would say i would like hunt on my property. so with that comment, what would be necessary to the property, creek, valley, mountain side, i have no idea. any info would be great in helping me with my search. My son is one so i have some time to look around a bit and get my bills in order. i sure i couldn't afford more than a few acres. Also i understand some people not wanting to comment on exact location but the names of a county i don't think would infringe on their current prospecting. Like i said i live in south Florida and i hunt the beaches of south Florida, from Jupiter inlet to boyton inlet and i don't say exactly where i like to go, and it isn't the best area to hunt for Spanish treasure but i still go and have no problem telling a fellow prospector about where i go. i have meet up with one gentleman from Treasurenet because of it. In turn he gave me a good spot and i went with him to my spot and he found a gold pendent that day. It was a fun day shared with a fellow hunter. Takoda i am willing to go primitive, unless i hit the powerball.Thanks again takoda and strickman.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back