What's new

Really cool scraper or preform?

Arrow1492

Full Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2017
Messages
135
Reaction score
258
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in Wisconsin years ago. The material appears very low grade-I'm guessing a type of chert. Based on the pics, preform or scraper? Any idea of possible age if a preform?
One side looks like it has a lot of mineral deposits.....
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    11.1 KB · Views: 106
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 92
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 96
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 90
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0
You know-could also be a chopper I guess?
 
I cant help much, but would guess some kind of chert? Its a nice big piece. I like how the flaking is well defined on it.
 
I think its a hafted end scraper myself probably attached to a handle by the notches its a uni faced tool
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom