What's new

Really dirty boxes of coins

weighit

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2007
Messages
550
Reaction score
244
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Got my 2 boxes of half dollar coins today. The bank has been really slow in getting boxes for me. They called yesterday and said 4 came in but I could only have two as someone else asked for the other 2. I said I would be there first thing in the morning and picked up my boxes. As I opened the first box, it had what appeared to be saw dust crumbs, never saw that before. The rolls not only had coins, but lint, paper scrapes and what looked like broken shredded tooth picks and cardboard. The next box had much if the same crud, plus drops of grease inside the rolls. I think someone was cleaning and working on the sorting machine while it was running. But, between the 2 boxes I got 4-1964 and 38 40% coins. I'm going to call in the morning to see if the other guy picked up his two boxes and if not, dirty or not, I'll take them... Give me dirty boxes any day with these numbers.
 
Upvote 0
Wish you luck on getting the other two boxes. The two you got had alsome finds.....Matt
 
Nice score! :headbang:

Good luck in getting the other 2 boxes.
 
You can clean off the dirt !!!!!!!!!! Take the Silver and run!
 
Nice boxes.. According to Jrf30, Arizona boxes are bad but I guess you proved him wrong. Great numbers. :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom