austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Let's see: my hats are adjustable sports caps, no gloves other than for digging, they still sell "long johns"?, down jackets would never be used here and about all we smell down here are tacos and BBQ(year around). God Bless You and others who endure those harsh winters. This is all I've ever known. Born and raised here. We have two seasons in Texas, Hot and Hotter...

dusty1530

Aug 14, 2013
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's see: my hats are adjustable sports caps, no gloves other than for digging, they still sell "long johns"?, down jackets would never be used here and about all we smell down here are tacos and BBQ(year around). God Bless You and others who endure those harsh winters. This is all I've ever known. Born and raised here. We have two seasons in Texas, Hot and Hotter...
It is even warmer here

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm with ya, Jersey Girl. Putting that winter stuff away is therapeutic. I bought a huge mongo Ariens snowblower this winter. This week I'll drain the gas, and wash and wax it and put it in the storage shed.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Coldest winter I ever spent was in Del Rio, working the flightline. When that wind gets cold and stays constant - nothing to break the wind in chaparral country. I'm glad Uncle Sam gave me some long johns that year. :thumbsup:

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ever notice that every time us Nor-Easters post anything about the weather, the southern folk have to chime in on how hot is is in their neck of the woods? I'm so happy this winter is over and super excited about the finds that lay ahead. One good thing that's come out of this winter is that I've had tons of time to research. Yesterday I was detecting in the midst of a snow storm, but the ground here has softened up so that's good enough for me. Good luck OJG.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't put away the winter stuff here just yet,more snow this week. Snow cover is pretty much gone just the piles are left, but last time I check only the top 3" of ground was thawed and that was after a warm rain.
Kudos to those that can get out and dig, at some point the rest of us
will join in!

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had ham dinner and watched two more inches of snow fall on Easter Sunday.

Still in the harsh, ugly grip of winter here. Yuck.

stevenc90

Tenderfoot
Feb 1, 2015
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My johnnies are packed gloves and Coates boxed up, snowblower drained.... Now just need someone to show me the ropes..swung my small yard nothing.... Now where do I go.....

Stevenc
Belleville, NJ.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, it might get hot in Texas; but it can get cold too. I worked outside a lot from 1967 'til I retired in 2004. I remember one winter, back in the 1980s, when we had -4 one night, -11 the next night, and +8 the next night. No, this wasn't in the panhandle. This was about 7 miles west of Waco, Texas. That's 'central Texas'. Yeah, I had several pair of long johns. Some winters, never needed them; but some winters, I wore them everyday for a week or so.
I've seen 109 in Waco! I believe it was 1980, dry and hot.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Living in Colorado for the last 15 years I have learned my lesson from such trickery. One week of 75 degree weather only to backhand slap us with 35-40 degree highs and 50mph winds a week later.

Mother Natures cruel jokes each year keep my winter gear at the ready 365.

OP
OP
O

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, you are right. Not really warm here now. In the 40's, but better than the winter. The ground is not frozen at least. I kept out a couple of things for the colder days, but the majority are packed up. It has to end soon. Funny when it is so cold, you tend to forget the heat and the bugs. when the heat hits you are b----ing about that too. Oh well, take what you get.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go get em OJG! Hope you have a great season

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread