Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_7665.JPGIMG_7666.JPG

I found this today while digging an old property. I researched the info on the back and found out that he became an agent of Cadillac in 1910. His business was in my home town. The records show he lost everything in the depression of 1929. He dealt in cars and buggies. Any idea what it may be or be off of?

Brass, Bronze, are most common. Fantastic find! :hello2:

Upvote 0
cool from any angle.....I like it !!

Upvote 0
Possibly

I wonder if here was the grandfather of Ursula?
My research pleasantly wondered off; sorry.
Don....

I played baseball with an Andress when I was younger. It has a hole at each end I'm guessing to attach it to something. The area I found it was where my research said he spent time as a young man. But that was before the dealership. There are no records that I can find after his death. I was hoping maybe a car guy would recognize it. I may try contacting the local historical society. In the end it's just a really cool find possibly tied to early history of the town.

Upvote 0
Can you read the 4th line of text (might need a magnifying glass)? I suspect it is the maker of the tag, which could lead us to more items they made, and maybe the application of this one.

Upvote 0
I will get and post

To me, the 4th line is out of focus and will require another pic to read the words.
Don.....

I am actually back out detecting. As soon as I get home I will run a magnifying glass on it and try to make it out. I will post the results here in about an hour. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to help me on this one.

Upvote 0
"G. J. Noble and Co." ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
F.H. Noble & CO Chicago

Upvote 0
I'm thinking perhaps a Watch or key fob.

Upvote 0
Thanks loco. It is pretty sweet

Upvote 0
Im thinking cheap bracelet Has small hole on each side. Cant be a watch fob and holes are too small for a key chain? If keychain why the holes on both sides? Just thinking out loud! Nice Pull.

Upvote 0
E.M.F. Automobiles from 1909 - 1912

... and they misspelled Cadillac ?

Upvote 0

Attachments

• noblefob.jpg
    noblefob.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 53
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread