What's new

Really old finds

twinsrule

Full Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2009
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Has anyone ever found any of the following?
Shield Nickels
seated liberty dime
pre standing liberty quarter
??? I have heard of one person finding 2 flying eagle cents, but anyone else?
 
Upvote 0
My aunt said she found an 1899 Barber quarter in her till where she used to work six or seven years ago. She kept it, but lost it. :'(
 
I found a 3 cent piece last year in a bag of dimes.
 
Found a seated liberty dime in a clear plastic fed roll.
 
It was silver.
 
enamel7 said:
It was silver.
Too bad, the nickel ones are worth more. I found a nickel one 2 years ago in the coin reject, I later traded it for a one oz bar. HH Mark
 
a seat dime (1888) in a coin star reject tray.
 
Nope, none of the above, but I did find two mid 1840s large cents.
 
Only a seated liberty dime worn dateless.. The design on the obverse was barely distinguishable.

Oh and a coin from roman times....
Roman, Constantine the Great (320 AD minted in Siscia)
 
Found one seated half back in the 90's. It was an "S", but I can't remember what year it was.
 
I found a nickel three center. I think it was 1865. Came from a teller who had a few things in a small sandwich bag. Also got a Peace and a Morgan from her. She charged me a dime for it and didn't know what it was. Oh yea, and a 1834 Capped Bust half, alas it was drilled but in nice shape.

Maine_Jim
 
The oldest coin I've found was a bronze Italian coin dated 1867 . Got it in a half dollar box. Found two 1893 Columbian Exposition halves on the same day in boxes from different banks.
A few Barber halves, early 20th century, from boxes and an 1899 Barber dime from a box.
HH
Rich
 
numerous foreign coins from the 1800s, an 1852 silver 3 center in a coin counter reject, roll of IHCs which was mostly 1800s

Some folks on this board have reported finding shield nickels but not me personally.
 
1910 Shield Nickel but not in very good shape. Liberty was worn off the head dress, but it was a shield nickel nonetheless!

KEverett
 
Six barber dimes from a BOA dime box order a year or so ago.
 
I have heard of one person finding 2 flying eagle cents, but anyone else?
that find is up for debate. the person who posted that has left in the dark of the night after ripping off some of the regulars here so now all his posts are in question.
 
keverett said:
1910 Shield Nickel but not in very good shape. Liberty was worn off the head dress, but it was a shield nickel nonetheless!

KEverett
That would be a V nickel,shield nickels all date from the 1800s. I've only got a few Barber halves and a few 1850-1860 British coins. No seated liberties yet but one day.
 
My mistake..... :-[
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom