What's new

✅ SOLVED Rear view mirror backing plate?

Blackfoot58

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2023
Messages
6,193
Reaction score
15,833
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this rectangular piece today. I’ve found many Model T Ford parts in this area. Makes me wonder if it is the frame/backer for a rear view mirror. Not sure of the material; not drawn to a magnet, seems brass more than zinc or aluminum. I’ve got it soaking in vinegar to see if there is any printing. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 2CF048A7-1B89-4F16-A2E7-E2B7FE86A187.webp
    2CF048A7-1B89-4F16-A2E7-E2B7FE86A187.webp
    579.2 KB · Views: 110
  • DA2E9D65-715F-475F-BD75-04AD99108E47.webp
    DA2E9D65-715F-475F-BD75-04AD99108E47.webp
    805.5 KB · Views: 85
looks like a dashboard mounted type,don't know what car
 
Upvote 1
Solution
looks like a dashboard mounted type,don't know what car
I did a lot of looking. I haven’t determined a maker yet, but I’m certain you’re right as to the dashboard mounted type mirror backer. I was watching a British movie that had a lot of various old cars. I saw several that were quite similar in size and shape to mine. One was on an older Morgan convertible. I’m pretty sure mine isn’t that exotic! Thanks for the help.
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom