What's new

Received my xterra 50 today!!

bigtim1973

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2007
Messages
837
Reaction score
331
Golden Thread
0
Location
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it finally got here and it seems to be a nice and well made machine. I hope to get out soon and check it out. Do any of you guys fool around with the ground balance or do you just leave the factory presets? The machine seems to be nicely made and it has a good feel to it. I really like the large numeric read out also. I am really excited as this is my first minelab. I hope it performs as well as all of the post I have read. I like the idea of being able to see what the screen is telling me. I had an ace 250 before and I like it but, I had a hard time seeing the display as the icons seemed small to me. I sold the ace and got back into analog. Now after fooling with the analog machines for a while I decided to take a chance and get the xterra 50. I really hope it is as good as everyone has said.
 
My suggestion, read the manual and then get out there swinging. Easy to learn and use. Proper ground balance is important to get that extra depth without falsing. You'll be surprised at the depth you will retrieve targets at around mid sensitivity (10 to 12). I've pulled coins up to 8 inches from grounds littered with nails at mid sens, just listen for those faint signals. Never had the sensitivity up to 20 yet, but even if I could, don't know if I can dig deeper than I already have at 8 inches.

HH :thumbsup:
 
:thumbsup:Good luck with your new 50.I'm sure you'll have lots of finds with it :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom