Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well not too recent, actually these are from a week ago when we had a small group hunt for Craig's bachelor night. (he got hitched yesterday) I didnt do good on old coins other than a few wheats, but I dug a few fun relics. we stayed in the parks and tried a couple spots that were kinda obscure. FFD found some nice coins and we found some relics from the civil war reinactments, including several buttons and a a heavy breastplate. The find of the day was the 2 cent coin dug by a guy I work with, can you believe that thing came out of cascades park? I posted a pic of it, wish I had dug it, but we had fun. I've been struggling trying to find time to get out, I think I have a sick day coming in the near future. HH all...

Attachments

• 10-16.jpg
    10-16.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 175
  • 10-16 relics.jpg
    10-16 relics.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 179
  • 10-16 plate.jpg
    10-16 plate.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 10-16 button.jpg
    10-16 button.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 172
  • 10-16 button back.jpg
    10-16 button back.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 10-16 Larry\'s button.jpg
    10-16 Larry\'s button.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 170
  • 10-16 Larry\'s 2.jpg
    10-16 Larry\'s 2.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 162
  • 10-16 Larrys 2.jpg
    10-16 Larrys 2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 170
WTG on the nice assortment, J. :icon_thumright: Neat CW relics, even if reenactment pieces. Excellent looking 2-center, too bad it is not yours. :'(

Congrats to Craig!! :hello2:

HH

Awesome bunch of finds Griff! Love the buttons and that breastplate is sweet! :icon_thumleft: Looks like you found a jitterbug also.

Are you sure the buttons are reenactment pieces? The eagle looks legit the "I" looks to date too, but don't know much about that one. If there are two cent pieces being found thats around the same date. Where abouts at cascades I wanna go find some. Congrats to ya.

Really cool finds J, really like that breast plate, and someone was really "dirtfishing" when they lost that jitterbug! Wonder what that thing is that has the "M.C. Esher" design? The 2-center takes the trophy, gotta be more out there! ffd

Holy smokes!!!! I thought to myself, I have never seen a dug breast plate look that good! Now I know why! Still a very cool find. I was at the CW re-enactment this year there! UMMMM, I think that is the one I lost! :) :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back