What's new

Recent find.

Dang that instu looks like mine and then when I pull them out if I am lucky it is a whole one. But not quite like yours seeing what yours is. Congrats on that find! Is it broken or reworked to a tool?
 
Awesome Find! :icon_thumleft: Beautiful!
 
nice find congrats HH
 
WOW!!!

Not to often you see a Folsom piece, let alone a Knife River Flint Folsum.... Anywhere!!!!!!!

I bet you are still walking on air, and holding it in your hand........I would be.

Joel
 
Last edited:
The different tribes would trade flint and chert as well so in may very well been made right around that area, and traveled there as just a piece of rough through trade. Congrats, very nice find. HH
 
Man by the looks of that insitu that had your heart pumpin, congrats on the find...
 
Yeah that is a heart thumper for sure. Great find and you took a picture. When I first started posting here people got on me for not taking a insitu.It was hard to for me to do it. Still is. The story is could tell.Thanks for sharing.
 
Wow. I've read about one folsom site in IN but have actually seen a find like that. A great find even broken, that any of us would have loved to have made, but man, what a cruel, brutal in-situ position to find that point....

Awesome dude, awesome.
 
Wow. I've read about one folsom site in IN but have actually seen a find like that. A great find even broken, that any of us would have loved to have made, but man, what a cruel, brutal in-situ position to find that point....

Awesome dude, awesome.

Man! You said it! Brutal insitu. had I found it, I probably would have had to sit down a minute, catch my breath, then remove it. To find a busted one is great, but reflex and attitude may have caused me to throw the piece as far as I could. So bitter sweet! Wow! Sweet and bitter! Nice find! Now you know where to hunt for a sweet paleo point. Does the break look old? Please go find the other piece, it can't be far.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom