BladeRunner2019
Hero Member
- Joined
- Dec 22, 2013
- Messages
- 745
- Reaction score
- 1,776
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- North Carolina
- Detector(s) used
- XP Deus, Equinox 800
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
Most of these finds are from this weekend, but the thimble is from last weekend.
Saturday I went back to the house where I have found a few silver dimes. Got a nice signal that was borderline deep enough that it might be silver. I popped the plug and started scraping away the dirt to reveal the silver edge of a coin. I just knew it was going to be my first SLQ. Turned out to be a lowly Washington. I started to just leave it there.
Just kidding!!! That is only my 7th quarter in 2 1/2 years of detecting.


Sunday I decided to hit a school that I frequent hoping to add to my clad total and maybe snag a silver ring. I did find a small silver ring which is my first silver jewelry of any kind for the year.


Today I went back to the place I found the silver Washington and found a few odds and ends but no silver. Found a Scout neckerchief slide, the inside of a watch, and what might be a thing to hang coats on. The thimble and key spill are from a school hunt last weekend. I'm pretty sure the thimble is aluminum, but it's my first.

I also found this today and posted a thread in the what is it forum. The diameter is the size of a Lincoln cent and its about 1 1/4 inches long. Top is cone shaped and the bottom is slightly concave.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting.
Saturday I went back to the house where I have found a few silver dimes. Got a nice signal that was borderline deep enough that it might be silver. I popped the plug and started scraping away the dirt to reveal the silver edge of a coin. I just knew it was going to be my first SLQ. Turned out to be a lowly Washington. I started to just leave it there.
Just kidding!!! That is only my 7th quarter in 2 1/2 years of detecting.

Sunday I decided to hit a school that I frequent hoping to add to my clad total and maybe snag a silver ring. I did find a small silver ring which is my first silver jewelry of any kind for the year.



Today I went back to the place I found the silver Washington and found a few odds and ends but no silver. Found a Scout neckerchief slide, the inside of a watch, and what might be a thing to hang coats on. The thimble and key spill are from a school hunt last weekend. I'm pretty sure the thimble is aluminum, but it's my first.

I also found this today and posted a thread in the what is it forum. The diameter is the size of a Lincoln cent and its about 1 1/4 inches long. Top is cone shaped and the bottom is slightly concave.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting.
Upvote
16








