Recent finds with the nox 600 including a spill and first spanish with new machine

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please excuse the sideways photos. Uploading from my phone.

Went out yesterday to a promising home site and fields. The fields weren't producing at all so I hit the road in front of the cellar. Pulled put the 1783 half reale which rang up 19-20 on the equinox. It was only 2 inches down. Then feet from it got a fatty Indian that I haven't gotten a date off of yet. 1860 to 64.

Then the other week a couple friends and I were hitting some cellars and I got a hunter or logger coin spill. My first 3 coins were wheaties then I got the silvers underneath. 7 coins total. 3 wheats 2 quarters, a dime and a war nickel.

Good luck out there everybody.

0902181123_HDR.jpg 0902181122_HDR.jpg 0815182002b_HDR.jpg 0815182002_HDR.jpg

Upvote 30

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds I got the at max same thing more finds and deeper. its always nice getting a newer upgrade that kills it.

OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds I got the at max same thing more finds and deeper. its always nice getting a newer upgrade that kills it.
A2 always firat on the scene.

Thank you. I like the max and its def an upgrade fron the ATP. I havent used it since getting my 600 tho. I was gettin erratic responses and put it away. It works well with the 5x8 but the stock coil makes it go haywire.

This equinox isnt perfect but i enjoy its output. The iron signals are a lot less arrogant and the silver is crisp. I dont like the muttled vdi tho with having half the range the max and atp have tho.

Anywaus these last few finds(spill and reale) any machine would have found as they were shallow. Location is #1 in detecting.

Thanks for replting A2. Your comments always kill me with the !!!!!!!!

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds! Spanish and standing liberty pretty cool and the Mercury dime is always nice.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job! ๐Ÿ™Œ Silver is always sweet!

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds! What mode works best for you with the 600?

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice spill! Love that Spanish silver! Congrats!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From your pic , while I cant be certain- it looks like you have no stars under the eagle on the SLQ , which would date it to 1916 or 1917(variety one) Nice Finds !

OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From your pic , while I cant be certain- it looks like you have no stars under the eagle on the SLQ , which would date it to 1916 or 1917(variety one) Nice Finds !

Ya it ended up being a being a 1917P

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the pleasure of digging a half real a couple of months ago so I know the high it gives. You had a great hunt and I congratulate you on your success [emoji1360]

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The half real in my soil hit at 20-21 same as iron nails. Was it a plowed field? At 2 โ€œ it must of just smacked it. My spot produced me 2 bust half dimes and a half real but itโ€™s all mixed in tons on iron. It can really get to you at times because theyโ€™re deeper here do to hurricanes I guess and theyโ€™re iffy to begin with. The problem is the iffy iron falsing sounds and rings up just like a small half silver deep with iron. At 2โ€ I am so so envious.

I got a beautiful AU Ferdinand VII August 11th Iโ€™ve never gotten a Ferdinand before just one other like yours in Spanish 1801. Still havenโ€™t made the 18th century I was so close. And also Iโ€™ve never had a hunt like you had there. Truly amazing [emoji6]

Last edited:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you found a great place to hunt. Nice old silver saves. Congrats

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice job on the silvers. I'd say the detector works pretty well !

OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The half real in my soil hit at 20-21 same as iron nails. Was it a plowed field? At 2 โ€œ it must of just smacked it. My spot produced me 2 bust half dimes and a half real but itโ€™s all mixed in tons on iron. It can really get to you at times because theyโ€™re deeper here do to hurricanes I guess and theyโ€™re iffy to begin with. The problem is the iffy iron falsing sounds and rings up just like a small half silver deep with iron. At 2โ€ I am so so envious.

I got a beautiful AU Ferdinand VII August 11th Iโ€™ve never gotten a Ferdinand before just one other like yours in Spanish 1801. Still havenโ€™t made the 18th century I was so close. And also Iโ€™ve never had a hunt like you had there. Truly amazing [emoji6]

Ive dug in in the iron around cellars but i dont do very well. I get fooled by the falsing on nails just about every time or those blue jeans snaps. Those sound just like a coin in iron with a small pinpoint to boot.

This reale came from the road in front of the home. Thats why it has a few marks and wasnt very deep. Youll hit the 1700s club soon. Im still looking for capped bust anything

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the fantastic old coin shooting! :occasion14:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beeping since 1975. Found gold and silver coins, but I have not yet found Spanish Silver. Congratulations on some brilliant finds!:notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread