What's new

Recent finds

brnn53

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
631
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Picked these up the pst 2 days. The 3-ringers and Spencer shell confirmed a family tale of Yankees on the farm. The odd shaped item is a piece of hospital lead, "Bite the bullet" found at Bentonville along with the bucks and the hook. Any one identify the hook?
Mike
 

Attachments

  • rsz_100_0265.webp
    rsz_100_0265.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,212
Neat finds. Sorry I can't help with any ID........I'm a bit green at this still. I can, however find the only 12 GA button in wheel barrow full of CS wreaths.

Where are you diggin' these treasures, anyway??

Roger
 
Ramjet, I'm in eastern NC near Bentonville. I know what you mean about the shotgun brass. I find a ton of these and they sound too good not to dig!
Mike ;)

Someone on another board said the hook thing is a knapsack hook. Defintely period.
 
Brnn, Congrats, On The Nice Relics, The Hook Is Most Defiantly From A Union Army Knapsack. trk5capt...
 

Attachments

  • jhooks.webp
    jhooks.webp
    5.5 KB · Views: 1,169
  • jhooks.webp
    jhooks.webp
    5.5 KB · Views: 1,153
THE BOTTOM RIGHT ITEM IS IT LEAD,DOES IT HAVE A CAVITY.BECAUSE LOOKING AT THE PICTURE IT LOOKS LIKE IT POSSIBLY MIGHT BE A CHEWED WHITWORTH BULLET.ANY WAY NICE FINDS.

fortbball9
 
Wow! I can't believe someone dug up this old thread! These were some of my first CW finds. Boy have I learned alot since then and gotten educated on CW stuff!
Mike
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom