What's new

Recent hunt...help me with ID please!

eastTNJoe

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2013
Messages
546
Reaction score
616
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these recently...I am fairly confident the yellow-colored quartz one is a Bradley Spike. The grayish-blue one has me stumped. Based on shape, I have narrowed it to the following maybe: Paint Rock Valley, Madison, Greenville...any help would be welcome.

20131201_203740.webp20131201_203320.webp20131201_203311.webp20131201_203244.webp20131201_203229.webp
 
Upvote 0
nice finds small triangles are hard to type but that is a nice little spike
 
The triangles are tough that one looks a little "leafy".. mabey a Valina.
 
You are right its called a bradley spike. Kinda rare to be honest.The triangle is very worn down and resharpened before being thrown away. Could have been a camp creek or any larger triangle once even like copena. I find them also and agree with Jamey they are hard to type. They are almost a tool/scraper. Let me know what your research unveils. You guys have been finding some nice ones :thumbsup:

photo.webp
 
Last edited:
Nice Spike and Triangle point. I find the Triangles and sometimes dont even post them due to them being crude. They are Woodland Triangles.
 
Thanks for the input everyone...man TNMTNS...that spike could be the long lost twin to mine... exactly same shape and size...just different material....Rock, maybe you need to stake claim to that particular design and give them an official name so years from now people can look up in the guidebooks and say..."Oh look, I found a Rock Peach Point!...( or some other catchy name)....woodland triangle sounds too generic!
 
Thanks Joe have been lucky to find a couple.I have a friend that has been trying to get a particular looking point named. It takes a lot of research and support. I think they made just about every usable shape there was. We are lucky to have several places close that points have been named after. I did see another Tn member post one not long ago though.
Be safe out there in those fields :thumbsup:
 
Well instead of opening the frame I just took a pic of the triangles that I find. I dont always post them but hear is a sneak view for you to compare. Of course not all of these are the same type as yours.
 

Attachments

  • 100_4562.webp
    100_4562.webp
    137.4 KB · Views: 91
Well instead of opening the frame I just took a pic of the triangles that I find. I dont always post them but hear is a sneak view for you to compare. Of course not all of these are the same type as yours.

That top right one with the needle tip looks real nice Rock...I think I have a match to that one too...can we see a close up?
 
The black one in between the yellow and white is my latest. Thats the one I found when the shooting started rite in the beginning of hunting season.
 
Ill check on the other one for you.
Do you ever find any like this other one? It has a funny base on it but made that way cause I have 2 of them.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2905.webp
    100_2905.webp
    127.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 100_4565.webp
    100_4565.webp
    202.5 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom