Recent hunts, Silver & Gold

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
Recent hunts, Silver & Gold

Got out to a couple of older spots won Wednesday, and although the old coins were stingy, I still managed to find some silver.

First up is a Victorian sterling silver ring. It was black in the center so I hit it with a little cleaner, and it appears that there may have been a stone or such there at one time:

VicSterlingRing.jpg

In what effectively amounts to a ghost town, I found this sterling silver spoon:

SterlingSpoon.jpg

Also found a few obligatory wheatbacks, both 1944-S:

WB.jpg

With gold hovering around $1100-$1200 lately, I decided there's no shame in hitting a few tot-lots in search of gold, but aside from a few nitro finds and similar false alarms, I hadn't found anything spectacular yet. Yesterday lady luck mocked me yet again with a little gold plated junker earring:

GPearring.jpg

Then I think lady luck was trying to tell me to go home ( :nono: hey dumb ass it's cold and raining, go home!!) when I got this 14K gold cross (marked on the bail) :toothy2:

Crossfront.jpg

Crossback.jpg

hh and stay dry,
Brian​

Upvote 0
Re: Recent hunts, Silver & Gold

Very nice finds and congratulations on your cross. The date stands out,,,
7/9/1944, Allied troops liberate Caen

TnMountains said:
Very nice finds and congratulations on your cross. The date stands out,,,
7/9/1944, Allied troops liberate Caen

Very astute observation, could definitely be the case :thumbsup:

I visited Caen and their D-Day Museum as well as the D-Day beaches, and graveyards in Normandy a few years ago, what an experience.

hh,
Brian

Great finds Brian and kind of eerie finding that date on that cross especially after your trip over there . Some finds seem to destined to have an incredible link to the one who lost them and to the one who finds them .

H H ,
George

Congrats on some great finds. :icon_thumleft: Interesting cross.

Yeah the cross may be in memorial of someone killed in the Battle of Normandy after the Aliied invasion of France.

Very nice! I love that gold cross with the date and the silver spoon, these are the kind of finds that keep us going. :icon_thumleft:

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back