Beautiful area....I used to do well in NV....wear a hat, take water with you, stay away from the horses, and wander the desert. Hard to come back empty handed, but your piece is awesome. Winnemucca, Pyramid, Gerlach?..where were you?
How long is that sword? My uncle used to live in Reno. He has a blade really close to that one and he claims he found it in our neighborhood here in NC. I knew it wasn't from here. The only difference is his is a light grey colored stone. Chert I think. Sound right?
This area is pretty unique and I've put in tons of time here... It's a tough one because its about 650 miles one way from my home.
It's on a private ranch on the northern border of the Blackrock... I measured a stone job by chance for the owner of the ranch.. Didn't get he job but got permission.
Some examples that came from the same area the past year or so: